Suggestions on my setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by leetnick, Mar 19, 2010.

1. #1 leetnick, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
    Hey, I'm a first time grower and currently have some week-and-a-half old sprouts under 24/7 two 60 watt florescent in my tortoises old terrarium. What my plan to do is create a grow cabinet roughly 3ft wide x 4ft long x 4 ft high and place it in my attic (crawlspace). There is a Home Depot locally where I was planning on grabbing 70 watt HPS fixture, one of the security ones. Now my question is what do you think a comfortable amount of plants would be in such a setup using the HPS as well as my current fluorescent setup. Thanks in advance for any help.:D

2. Hey again, thanks for the very informative post, you are completely right btw, next time I wont go shopping stoned :rolleyes:. The 60 watts were the incandescent equivalent. I'm going to go out and buy some CFL's to replace them immediately.

And as for the HPS, that does sound like a much better option. What looks like something within my means is 2 of the
    Sunlight Supply: SUN SYSTEM® HPS 150W GROW LIGHT FIXTURE - COMPLETE WITH LAMP INCLUDED [900490] - Complete Systems - Lighting Systems - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source
    as opposed to the 400 watt HPS fixtures.

Along with my new discovery, using two of the CFL's roughly 60-100 watt each(I'll see what I can find tomorrow) with two 150 HPS fixtures, 6 plants should be a healthy amount to grow from what you've told me. I'll also make sure to get daylight so my plants benefit from those during vegetative while still getting the red during flowering.