Suggestions for a cheap portable vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Malice1, Dec 25, 2017.

1. I have a physical disability i was born with that makes the muscles in my hands weaker. So using a lighter is not an option (have to use two hands to light the lighter) which means I HAVE TO use a vaporizer if i want to get high on weed since it doesnt require me to light the weed up.

Anyway, i dont even know if i'll enjoy vaping weed which is why i'd rather not spend $120 to $150 dollars on a vaporizer (It would be a waste of money if i dont enjoy it). I would like to test vaping first to see if i enjoy vaping weed with a very cheap portable vaporizer (by the way Ive never smoked weed before) Suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 FloaterDork, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    I was born with spina bifida. I too have compromised fine motor skills and limited grip strength.

For myself, I got started young. Smoking herb at 10, vaping by 15 lol. I’m 33 so I’ve been at this for awhile.

A few months back I was considering getting a DynaVap, because everyone talks about how awesome they are(and they are,) and I asked a similar q irt whether I’d be able to make one of those work.

In my case, the answer is yes. I have yet to find a vape that I *can’t* use because of my grip strength issues.

My biggest issue so far has been how hard the Magic Flight Finishing Grinder has been on my wrist. I recently got a Nano Grinder on Amazon for $15. Problem solved. The MFLB is my favorite vape, even with my limited grip strength. But I don’t know if I can recommend it for someone with worse strength than mine. It does have a removable foam thing that requires pushing on it reasonably hard in order to make an electrical contact. This can be removed, but then you have to remember to pull the battery/power adapter out of position after your hit. Actually since it only requires a button with a power adapter, the MFLB with PA could be a good setup.

But I don’t know the level of your particular grip strength. Most vaporizers(DynaVap is the only exception that comes to mind, and even then) at minimum require a grind. If you don’t mind grinding up large amounts at once, coffee grinders work, but I’ve found that with smaller amounts, too much winds up sticking to the blades/top and I spend too much time scraping crap off. I’ve recently seen an electric grinder on the market where it grinds it at the top and then dispenses the herb through a narrow hole in the bottom, making it really good for filling vapes with smaller chambers. But they’re $80.

If you have the strength to grind and fill a chamber, 90% of your vapes out there should be doable. Though if dropping things is an issue, I might reconsider any of the smaller portable $2-300 options. Most don’t like being dropped much, even though as “portables” they should be able to take it.

If you decide to go with a desktop, depending on your situation, finding a way to secure it to the surface you’ll be using it on is something I’ve seen people with CP and epilepsy do.

To finalize, I don’t know if something small and portable is ideal for your situation. And I won’t recommend going cheap for the sake of going cheap. But if cheap is the bottom line, maybe the MFLB with a PA is the answer. It’s my favorite vape, though far from my most expensive. It does require shaking after every hit though, along with the previously mentioned battery stuff.

Ideally, I think a Pax 3 might be best for you. You can get one for around $200 now. You grind up half a gram of herb, fill it up, and vape til it’s done. It has one button and fine tuning is done with a touch screen.

• Like Like x 1

3. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. This was a screwup that I can’t figure out how to delete lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Awesome thanks for the suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I personally feel the Mighty/Crafty would be perfect for you however it is $200+.

Maybe try a Flowermate (Under $100) or X Max Starry ($100-$120)

I have the MFLB (Magic Flight Launch Box) with your condition I would avoid it and get something easier to use. If you can buy the Mighty try it and return it, I would recommend doing so. Its known as one of the best portable vapes in the market.

MFLB is still amazing, I save so much bud. A dime (0.6-0.7) can really last a while. I have the Power Adapter and Orbiter attachment. Its pretty cool but I do feel it is too much to have around me. I plan to upgrade to the Mighty myself. My friend has one and wow... we hotboxed his car and it felt like we were passing a joint. (VapeCritic compares the Crafty/Mighty to smoking a joint)

I recommend you check out their site has lots of information on vaporizers. Also check YouTube so you can kind of see what your buying and how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Just thought of this cause you said you liked smoking pipe, dunno if it is good or not: Touch sensor lighter

GL
    /k