Suggestions for 18' x 13' x 8.5' room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bigtg, Jan 20, 2017.

1. (MOVED FROM INDOOR MARIJUANA GROWING)
    So I have a room that is 18' x 13' x 8.5' below is a crude paint drawing of what it looks like...

I have 3 hoods that are capable of 1000w each. This would be my first go, so my question is, what would be the most efficient way to distribute light throughout this room based upon the drawing? As of now, I have all of them in a single file line, but I wanted someone else's opinion. They are air cooled hoods if that makes a difference to know, they are not connected as of now, but I have seven plants that are almost ready to be switched, so I plan to connected the inline fan and ducting once i figure out the best what to run these lights.
    moor.jpg

2. I run four 1000 watt lights in each of my bud rooms. Grow area in each is roughly 12'x12' and I have them set in two rows of two or a square setup and use cool tube reflectors.
    Looking at ur area and the fact u have three lights I'd run them in a straight row down the middle of the room and place plants in two rows on either side of the lights.

3. I would also add that you should restrict the space you are using. Section off an area that is 5'x10' for flowering. Assuming you are running all 3000w, that size will give you 60w of light per sq ft which is decent.

4. Well here is what I came up with; there are two different setups but not sure which one to use so made both: moor_2.jpg Plan A
    moor_3.jpg Plan B
    Taking into account what you said about limiting my grow space I figured a 10' x 5' area would be sufficient for the six plants I have that are about to go into flowering, they have one week left. I have made a trellis that will fit all six nicely that is 7' x 4'.
    • Also I am only using two of the lights or maybe even one?
    I am not entirely sure how much light each plant should be getting to receive a proper yield? Is 2000w an overkill for that small space? Or would one 1000w be enough for all six?
    • Also the ballast I have are dimmable to 400w, 600w & 1000w
    Considering this is my first run; is there any advice anyone may have for the room design? Any input is welcomed! :love-m3j:

5. Dude if you have 3 1000 run all of them always strive to do your best anything less just isn't worth it if you veg correctly those 3 light and 7 plants should bet you a real nice yeild Depending on strain of course

6. I like your plan. Just keep an eye on temps running those 3000 watts lol your setup should yield more than enough for the heaviest smoker lol idk what you're planning to use it for, but I would be super happy with that setup. You can have enough room to move around the plants and tend to them. I hate having restricted space.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Not sure yet how I will control the temps I am thinking I am going to need a separate exhaust fan for my veg room; as now with those seven plants being in there it is becoming quite humid. I also need to invest in a dehumidifier; but the budget has been tight this month.
    Should I shoot for the 6" fan first or dehumidifier first? And with those 3 1000's going imagine my temps will increase a good 15 degree. I have a 800CFM fan for the main room so that should be more than enough to cool the lights somewhat; and keep fresh airflow.
    As far as the strain goes; not entirely sure. It was from some medical I had got from a local dispensary it was one of the higher grade buds; and out popped a seed. Sure enough it was female, but the one plant I do have in flower I can see some sugar already on the fan leafs, it has a nice lemony smell to it.

8. Do you use air cooled hoods and a box fan moving air in the room will help with humidity or an osilating fan

9. I just reread you are using air cooled so run your carbon filter outside of the room with your fan attached to the filter blowing air through the filter you will get your best pull from your fan this way your lights will stay cool

10. #10 bigtg, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Similar to this; with the red arrow being the air flow? or did you mean for the actual fan and carbon filter to be outside of the room coming in? Would it be a better idea to move the fan/filter closer to the door? or is the back of the room opposite of the door where I would want it?

Should I cap the end of the other side of the light hood? I feel like that defeats the purpose of moving the air out of the room? real big noob here if you couldn't tell already :love-m3j:
    moor_4.jpg

11. I use 6" inline fans for my cool tubes which draw cool air from outside and also exhausts outside. I have 12" inline fans for room ventilation. Intake is passive at floor level and draws and exhausts at ceiling level. Even with this system I have to run lights at night during summer to keep room temps where they belong

12. So got a package in the mail today, Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook... SO much information to go through but wanted to thank everyone for their input :passtheshit: