Mainlined dwc diy cab

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Canibis, Aug 13, 2018.

?

What do you think she will produce?

1. 2 oz

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 4 oz

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. 8 oz

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 8+ oz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Thanks! But I would describe myself as short armed and long legged. I have a tendency of kicking myself in the ass alot more than patting myself on the back lol.

When I look at it, I see all the little imperfections that (in my mind) I could have avoided or could fix if the non OCD side of my brain wasnt telling me that I trimmed too much already.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have you sent mammoth an email requesting help? That's how i got a swag box and sample

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. No I haven't, but I'm about to rip the bong and get on that right now! I tried with advanced nutrients a while back, but to no avail. Maybe mammoth won't be so stingy lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dropped em a line, now hopefully I get a bite. If they come through, they're going to have a shit ton of free advertising lol.

5. Think they took the request for samples down .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. They still have a review/ reference us for swag deal on there, but I just contacted them directly.

They may hook it up or they may not, but I guarantee their generosity would be rewarded. I'd be posting pics of mammoth buds all over the damn place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 20181129_184334.jpg

She's perking up now, but she was definitely more shell shocked than any of the previous trimmings. (Let the Atodasos fly lol)

Screenshot_20181129-185923_Google.jpg

Not trimming anything else for about 6 wks. Switching to 12/12 in 3 wks, and will slightly lollipop at 2-3 wks into preflower. (But that will be very minimal)

Once some big fans pop, she should be off to the races. She's back to full wattage, and running 20/4 now that she is reacting better.

Really looking forward to see how she turns out.

no expert, just a guy trying to make a bud

• Like Like x 1
  8. 20181202_222606.jpg 20181202_222626.jpg

Ph troubles... for some reason, my ph keeps rising (rapidly).

I use advanced nutrients 3 part ph perfect as my base nutes, calmag, sensizm, and a bit of superthrive. Ph down all of my water before refills. But my ph has been rising from 5.7 - 7.0 over last three days repeatedly.

No other additives, and I've calibrated my ph tester twice for good measure,. That damn ph keeps creeping up faster than a silent fart in an elevator...

Any thoughts guys?

(You can see early deficiencies in lower leaves if you zoom in a bit)

• Like Like x 1
  9. she may need a little more fertilizer,
    in hydro they can use the fert's out of the water making the pH swing up,
    idk for sure as i have never grown in full hydro, but I'd try adding another mil or 2 of grow fert.!!

maybe post this question in the Hydro section....?????

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Ppms were pretty stable over the three days, so I don't think she was using much at the time.

I think my wife setting my ph down in closet with furnace and water heater may have been the issue. Though my fault for leaving it in a place she would even have to pick it up lol.

Got a new bottle, and now shes steady betty... 5.7 for last 24hr.

No new def spots to speak of at last check this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have only grown in hydro 2 times so take this lightly but, I do know mobile and inert nutrients make them self available at different pH levels thus causing this fluctuation. Some growers like it but you gotta control it. 5.6 is a little on the low side and 7.0 is a bit high . Always check for salt buildups and keep a clean res. Cheers.
    -Bigbudz

• Like Like x 1
  12. My typically strategy on ph is to start at 5.7 and keep stable for a few days before top off, and subsequent ph rise.

With the gallon or so that I currently add, it brings ph to 6.0 to 6.3 range. Then that is left to stew for 3 days, with a res renew on the seventh day.

I check ph , ppm , and res conditions 3 times a day (typically) if my OCD doesn't cause me to calibrate the equipment and recheck it. Lol

After my other grows/ mistakes, I'm extra vigilant when it comes to my res/ solution. And though my ambitions may be disproportionate, I really want to reap at least 12oz off of this little lady. Her sister brought me 4, close to, 1 oz colas with only 4 mains and horrible lighting conditions.

So the thought is 16 mains, optimal lighting conditions ( not having to larger blueberries stealing lighting after mid flower), and better nutrient regimen for this stain I should theoretically be able to do it.

20181204_195339.jpg 20181204_195239.jpg

She's reacting well other than the one runt. I've devised a plan for it though.

I'm thinking of untying that branch, bending it upward to make it temporarily dominant until it is equal with the others. Anyone have any experience with that technique?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Give her time stay clean, keep temps/room consistent and she will be dope IMO ! Cheers.
    -Bigbudz

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks man. I'm sure hoping so!

15. Well, I guess she is part of my family... because the stability was short lived lol.

Ph fluctuated from 5.7 - 6.5 over a day and a half. So I can't complain. Just drop in a cap full of ph down, and we'll start this groundhog day all over again!

At least it's running in optimal uptake range, and since dropping some more voodoo juice and piranha the roots are going ape shit.

16. is the Tidy Cat bucket your DWC 'res'.?
    if so a much larger res would slow the pH fluctuation,
    i know DWC in 5 gal buckets has become the 'norm', but it used to be said that each plant needed 10-20 gallons of reservoir (not including root zone) per plant to keep pH from fluctuating too much too quickly, the 10 gal gap depends on the hydro method and size of the plant.

if u want a little more hands off, try a much larger DWC 'res', maybe try 15-20 gal for the one plant.!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have a 12 gal res with very little room to increase size in cabinet. If problem persists, I may run bigger res in flower tent.

With as stable as my last run was, with same res, I don't think that it isthe culprit.
    There has to be something that has changed since runs to cause it, but if all it takes is a cap full of ph down a day and she looks happy, then a cap a day it will be!

Who knows maybe she just likes her acid, I know I did in my younger days! Lol

• Like Like x 3
  18. 20181206_200835~2.jpg

6.0 when I got home, and she looks to be loving it. I think I'm going to say fuk the fluct, and keep the cap or so every day/day & a half.

If she keeps up the current rate, she'll be flipped in 2 weeks (possibly less depending on her height).

Her sister just contributed to some high potency peanut butter kushies!

20181206_200911.jpg

It's impossible for me to say any exact %'s, but they are way stronger than 100mg chocolate bars I had (brand name escapes me), by a loooooonnnnggggg shot!

Slightly dangerous lol. They taste like reese's pieces, so it's hard to not eat more than one.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 20181207_155429.jpg

I seem to attract the crazy ones lol. Now she's stable again... ph hasn't changed since last night.

Looking like the prettiest Christmas wreath I've ever seen!

• Like Like x 2
  20. 20181210_223006~2.jpg 20181210_223055~2.jpg

What are yall's thoughts? Give her another week or flip her tomorrow? It will be the 1st day of week 11.

I'm honestly giving thought to flipping her this week with the growth she's getting. Figuring on a week before signs of preflower + 2-3 weeks of stretch and preflower all before real flowers hit.

She seems to be doing great after I threw in some piranha on top of the voodoo juice.

New roots exploding out the bottom of net pot. I have been giving small doses when I refill res, and I top fill through the grow media.

Ph is still up rising, but never more than a cap every 2 days. It's tolerable, and seems to be working fine.