Mainlined dwc diy cab

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Canibis, Aug 13, 2018.

?

What do you think she will produce?

1. 2 oz

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 4 oz

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. 8 oz

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 8+ oz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. That's a handy set up you got there!

Sometimes I think it's more about over coming the obstacles than anything for me. If it was easy, I wouldn't like it so much lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. the challenge is THE best part.!!

some better pics of the mechanical room....

WIN_20180407_15_14_26_Pro.jpg WIN_20180407_15_14_49_Pro.jpg WIN_20180407_15_15_42_Pro.jpg

my box is 3' x 5' x 6' 6" tall, veg room on bottom right, bloom room bottom left, and fan/filter/dry box up top.

• Like Like x 1
  3. i have the one 6" 440 cfm inline fan and that is it, no other circulation fans,
    the air is distributed through the custom designed air vents and light traps.!

WIN_20180404_19_06_32_Pro.jpg

4. Very nice sir! That took some thought. How long did the build take you?

I'm still debating on best location for my intake ports now. But I'm thinking to the left of the res in the floor plate. Possibly using a filter of sorts to keep any crawlies out.

5. I'll get the wiring adjusted one I determine all of the wires I will be running for the build.

I may be able to get a lighting control from a buddy if I could get time to trade some work. That would be killer. One control for all but a thermostat. 20180916_221237.jpg

Well, time for burnin before I turn in.
    Merry canibis to all and to a good night!

6. 20180926_184656.jpg 20180926_184517.jpg

Still have a few mods and some tidying up to do, but most of the equipment and electric in.

Got 3 criminal+ seeds germed.
    Ripper Seeds so far 100% germ rate in 5 seeds. Impressed.

Figured I'd run the best one for cherry popper, just since I know what to expect from strain. (Hopefully I get similar pheno lol)

Should have everything in by end of week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Been a while since update, but pheno chosen out of the 3. Air pump, nutes, PhD water, and dropped in net pot. 20181014_144706.jpg

Threw in some fish shit that a buddy gave me, and seems to be doing the trick. No burn detected, but only dropped 1/4 strength on all the nutes.

I should have already gotten my QBs but I procrastinated. Such a dumbass lol.

Don't hate on lights. 72 true watts of flourescent 4100k and 45 true watts of 5100k led should work for early veg, but I'm working to build a flat fixture with 2x as many of same lights. They were free, so they work for me lol.

I'll let her veg through 1 cycle of clones, reveg, and by that time I hope to have quantum boards so I can throw her into flower. Timing should work out perfect with my current flower schedule in other tent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 20181014_213206.jpg 20181014_213118.jpg

Topped off with superthrive and more fish shit today.
    PH 5.6
    480ppm
    Water temp 67f
    Canopy temp 90
    Cabinet air exchange is approx 5x minute. (Figure that's plenty fresh air lol)

Just needing to get a fan for canopy installed.

She seems to like the new digs though.

How should I train her though.... mainline from the get go just lst until I take the clones...

Suggestions? Experience with either?

9. 90 is high man, need some circulating fan action.!

with your rectangular box i would have planted on one side and bent her over towards the other side,
    with it in the middle i would top it and trellis it (ScroG).

i grew in rectangular trash cans once, to get the girls to fit in their space i planted them on one side of the pot and trained them to the other side so i did not have to top.

10. I can lower the canopy temp by putting space between net pot and i'll have the circulating fan soon.

There is a cold snap coming to my area, so the temp will likely drop a bit anyways in next few hours.

I thought about the side justified and tied method, but really wanted to try my hand in a mainlined plant. My thought was it would best fit the rectangular shaped space.

My thought is if I mainlined the plant from the get go, isn't a typical method to cut every second set of nodes down the mainline anyways?

This would in theory allow me to take clones towards late veg while already trained to mainline. 3 wks or so later and I could flip to flower with super stalks.

Otherwise I'm completely with you on lst. She could still get super stalks and flip in similar time.

11. 20181015_195100.jpg

Temp back under control. I'll get the circulating fan hooked up once my daisy chains show up for the light fixture. I figure I'll need it more to dissipate heat then.

New growth coming quick, but can't wait til I can finally see roots out of the bottom of the big net pot.

I think she'll be a beast

12. Partially done with veg fixture. I'll get it perdeed up once I get the fluorescents get attached.

The last pic doesn't do the light justice. That shit is blinding for only 90 true watts. 20181016_203026.jpg 20181016_210013.jpg 20181016_211154.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. As soon as daisy chains come in, there will be 264 true watts. That should do for a 4.5 sqft. Veg fest.

14. 20181017_202014.jpg

Circulating fan added. Daisy chains deliver Thursday, so it'll be all set.

15. Daisy chains came in[
    ATTACH=full]2521222[/ATTACH] 20181018_215735.jpg

I need to replace the bulbs, but it covers pretty well.

Attached Files:

16. Started the mainlining today. Probably could have waited another day or two, but roots are starting to show at bottom of large net pot. 20181019_205532~2.jpg

17. ahhhh man, she was looking good, probably should've waited another week

• Like Like x 1
  18. I am currently waiting on my tent to mature, so I had to have an outlet for my impatience lol.
    I'll make it right though, and if she is anything like her sister, she'll pull through fine.
    20181019_160812.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. 20181020_232738~2.jpg

A little honey got all the cuts sealed off, and the new growth already looks to be getting bigger. Surprising not to see a little more decline.

A guess the real test is how many days until next node develops though.