Suggestion for good carbon filter???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Iron Highed, May 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys I'm brand spankin new here so sorry if this is in the wrong spot... (please correct me if it is) but anyways im about to start my first grow (just became legal) and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good carbon filter? Its for a 3x3x6 grow tent and i will be running a S&P TD-150 inline fan, which is 218 - 298 cfm, or something close to that but im having trouble finding a filter with a close cfm rating. My biggest concern is smell and dont really want to spend more than around 100-150.... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. As long as your carbon filter CFM is rated higher than your fan, you will be alright. The basic concept is that pulling air through a filter too quickly, with a fan with a higher CFM rating, the carbon cannot pull the odors from the air effectively.

If you ever plan on upgrading in the future, start big now. I got my 650 CFM carbon filter for less than 150, and it works great.

3. Ok that is exactly what I needed to know, I'm gonna go with the Phresh 400cfm

Thanks man