Suggestion for forum look

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by benthamj49, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 benthamj49, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Hey guys,

I see you've been recently changing the forums around, and also adding more mods to every sub-forum. However, this causes a very ugly look (I don't know if this exists on all broswers) see attached photo.

My suggestion would be to increase the width of the mod column so that the height of each row matches the height in the forum name/description column. This would keep each row at a minimal height, and make for better aesthetics. Alternatively, make the mod column instead show a link to a list of moderators so that it isn't several lines in height. I think the current setup is terrible, it requires a lot of scrolling and just simply looks messy having mismatched row heights. Thanks for listening.

Edit: I would just suggest really having the same height for every row that matches the height of the largest description/title column so that there is uniformity across the spectrum. Because if there were simply no space between the rows, the titles/descriptions would become a nightmare to try to read.

Regards

Attached Files:

2. Hmm, that certainly is strange. What browser are you using? It's displaying fine for me in Google Chrome.

3. I'm using the latest Firefox (just updated and it's still doing it, so it was doing that in the previous version as well). That doesn't happen in all sections (for instance, the cultivation section looks normal). It just happens on the forums that have a billion mods listed on the right-hand side like I've shown in that photo. It stacks them all vertically, centered, and it ends up making the column height enormous.

This just started happening a few days ago when the forums started changing looks (merging forums into sub-forums and such e.g.:the Tokers Q&A instead of Apprentice and Seasoned)

4. It has actually been like that for a while, I am also using the latest Firefox.

5. Using chrome, looks just like the image posted. If you can't fix it, just make the list of mods invisible again.. It's not very pleasing to the eye

6. this is temporally until we ha all threads moved to correct new categories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.