Suggestion for Americans

Discussion in 'General' started by Anony, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Please, stop assuming everyone on this website is from America. America is not the world, this website isnt even based in America.

2. when they assume that theyre just playin the odds. i bet 70% are american.

we should do a poll

3. You know what they say about assumptions.

Polls have been done, and arent accurate because not everyone will answer, nor will everyone answer truthfully.

I think that percentage is too high.

4. yeah man, it seems that in almost all the posts i read, the OP is from America or talks about an American city/state.

well, Canada seems to be a big one too, but to us the two seem very similar.

5. I've noticed that a lot. I also find it funny when I'm entering addresses into different websites and USA is the first listed despite the list always being alphabetized.

6. Word, i agree with both above.

I just hate to see fellow americans dumb us down by assuming everything in this world is american.

7. its pretty much the exact opposite

8. Explain?

9. I know when people as me where I live, I always lie and say south korea.

10. ive just noticed that a lot of people get their feathers ruffled when they see that what ever product they are using isnt american made and i just dont think that many people realize how little is actually made in the U.S, we dont rule the world every one. sorry to break it to ya lol

11. Well, thats not what im talking about, but on your subject, I hope you consider that parts are "put together" in the US, but the parts themselves are made in other countries.
    Example: Toilets.

Specifically I made this post in response to forum questions specifically on this website.

12. i know. sorry i side tracked it. but yea i have seen that but your the first ive seen to actually say somthing about it, otherwise im just not paying that much attention.

13. Really are you serious? I am a proud american born and raised in the shadows of our nations capitol.

I am first to say I would love to buy made in america crap. But thats just it we dont make sh*t anymore. We farm out most of everything we buy to other countries even if the base product is grown here we ship it somewhere to be assembled and then ship the damn thing back in completed and still mark it made in god knows where.

As far as this board is concerned I think most people would love the flexibilty of being able to order their seeds from right down the street, but no such luck. So I am jealous.

But just as american line up to go to Canada for low cost meds, the older canadians line up to come have their surgeries here because national health care isnt great for all the masses. Also are we not the melting pot of the world? Christ I see someone from most every nation everyday. If it sucks so bad that people label themselfs ameican or like to say Im something but only live in american. Then by all means go home.... I have many friends in need of those jobs filled by people on visas.

Like it or not USA is a world super power, wonder why everyones economy tanks when our seceratry of the treasury farts? Im not saying that all nations are like that, but get real. With out the USA most of you would have been assimalated along time ago.

If you dont like it sorry, but the outlook is grim, my stash has dried up and I am cranky.

:hello:

14. Well being that with the exception of the Chicoms we Americans account for more than double the Internet users per capita than any other country that has access to the city, probability is that a large majority of Blades are American. I would venture to also say that Americans probably account for a majority of sales in the online head shop, based solely on the Internet usage stats...............just sayin:smoke:

http://www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm

15. You want to link some information to show how you came to this conclusion?

16. Suggestion for the rest of the world:

stop being so self absorbed and stereotyping us as fat assholes with one track minds.

thanks for your time :D

17. It disappoints me how one thought can me misunderstood.

18. Just to make this clear, I didn't mean just you. I just somtimes get angry at the fact that the world hates America and americans in general.

I'm not exactly the type of guy to put a man in a turban in a headlock and yell "DIE TERRORIST!!!" at the top of my lungs :D

19. Ahhh americans, cocky and abrasive untill you call them on it, then they are the victims. IRONY.

Just Kidding :p

20. I am not trying to sound like a dick but this website is in english and I know that doesn't mean shit but I am just sayin.