Suggested nutrients for DWC?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CA MMJ, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Honestly, they're all good really (within reason). I've heard good things about Dutch Masters. Most people usually go with GH or Botanicare. I'm currently using Advanced and liking it.

2. Thanks for the reply FuthaMucka. I think im going to end up going with The Dutch Master Grow one and Flower one. Its by far the cheapest/easiest to use nutrient ive found so far I think.

3. Give a look to House and Garden nutrients. The Aqua Flakes 2 part is very stable and consistent. Root Accelerator and Shooting Powder are great additives. This stuff ain't real cheap but I had quality and quantity improve greatly after switching from GH. Just my 2

4. Thanks DR Prescribed =D Just looked it up.....its actually not too expensive! The A + B formula is only $60 dollars for 5 liters of the A and B.....not too shabby

5. I think you need a couple of the additives with H&G (but don't quote me on it) which will drive up the price.

Is this your first grow?

6. This will be my first go around with indoor/DWC (Im currently in the process of getting funds together to finish my bubble buckets), but this is not my first grow. I am currently nearing the end of my first outdoor plant, which is actually looking pretty good=D

7. For your first indoor you might want to try GH and do the lucas formula. It's relatively cheap and very easy to handle. Of course I don't know about DM though.

8. Thats what i've heard haha. Idk, Personally I don't like GH. Seems too commercial to me for some reason. I think ill try the dutch master one grow and one flower, its super cheap and supposedly insanely easy to mix

9. After trying almost every line out there, the Aqua Flakes by House & Garden is my choice so far. They run so clean through DWC and do not require much maintenance. Many of the others, including the DM, would leave salt deposits after a while but the House & Garden stays clean and clear for as long as you have them in there. I am currently holding a poll to see what to try next. Check it out if you can. Peace

10. Alright, thanks bro!

11. I use foxfarm and find it to be great...
    i havent had this build up people speak of..
    perhaps because I run low ppms...
    if you decide to go with the lucas formula do your reasearch...
    Ive seen many..many grows gone bad when people start using that formula...

Gluck buddy..hope it all turns out well for ya..

12. thanks for the input Bud =D

Have you heard anything about this Dutch Master one grow and one flower? Supposedly its really good, but i have no idea

13. My past run I decided to use just advanced nutrients connisseur part 1 and 2

I used zero additives and had great results, plants in direct sunlight under 400w were averaging 4 ounces.. Skywalker (mazar X blueberry) be the strain that did so... I was impressed to say the least givin the effort I put in this time around; I did experience a minor amount of build up, I was running ppm around 1200 at one point :rolleyes: normally I try to stay in 8xx at most.

But ya, maybe just try using an expensive base and an additive, rather than a cheap line, unless I'm mistaken.

No personal experience with Dutch.. I've heard good things about it though, specifically their silica.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wow! Thanks for the advice imitator! I too will be using a 400w hps in a space thats almost about a meter squared, with 4 plants. I have 3.5 gallon buckets right now, but I think im gonna get 5 gallon ones because from what people have told me, 3.5 is too small to a grow an alright sized plant. Ill look into the price on the connoseur and see if its in my price range

15. The only thing I can say for certain is do not go with stealth hydro lol. I'm not saying their bad, I have a shit load of nutrients from them I plan on using up, but I wonder how many of my problems are resulted from their nutes. I plan on buying fox farm in the future when I run out.

You know I soak in all your advice budslinger, and I know I've asked this before, but what nutes do you run exactly. i've heard good things about fox farm, and I'm going that or GH soon.

16. I've heard great things about fox farms, they're just so overpriced=/ they need to make a good, easy to mix nutrient, thats relatively cheap and gets the job done

17. Are you using RO or distilled water?

If not what's the ppm of your tap water?

Yeah, definitely go for 5 gallon buckets; most people fill their buckets below the net pot which is around 3.5 gallons.

Personally i just make sure my hydroton is throughly clean and I bring my water level right within a couple inches of the edge. Plants dig the water being that close to the stalk.. Wonderful root color, oxygen isn't a problem with a decent air pump.

I like this practice because I don't refill my buckets I just change them completely when they get low. Less maintenence and PH seems to stay way more stable.

But washing the hydroton is easier said then done if you get dusty bags :/

18. I used to wash my hydroton in an old 5 gallon bucket with holes in the bottom. Just roll a spliff and stand with a hosepipe for the duration and it will be clean. If you have a flood&drain tray then u can do the same thing as long as you leave the drain filter things on. For small amounts a collander works well to!

19. Hmmm... Good idea with that bucket.. The fact it's easy enough to involve smoking is amazing.. Lol! +rep