Suggested Books

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by EuropeanVW, Nov 20, 2003.

1. I'm looking for some suggestions for interesting books to read. Right now I'm finishing up Stairway to Heaven: Led Zeppelin Uncensored (good book, by the way). On my list of books to read are Living With the Dead: Twenty Years on the Bus with Garcia and the Grateful Dead, as well as The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Tests. This should give you some idea as to what books I'm interested in. So, what do you all suggest I go pick up?

2. Try Howard Marks - Mr.Nice. Basically it's all about a guy who smuggles drugs and gets in to loads of trouble. And it's all true!

3. Mr Nice is such a class book, but i wonder how can he remember so much of them little details in it, maybe it's not all true.

anyone ever read his other book "Howard Marks-Book of Dope stories"?

It's good but not as good as Mr.Nice, maybe some would like it more, it's good alot of info about other drugs too.

4. theres a good book on beatles songs, like what they can be interpreted and other things about when they recorded, its really good, ill get the name, and there are some good The Doors books.

5. If you're into fantasy I suggest picking up the Dragonlance Chronicles. Best fantasy series in my opinion.

6. Not a huge fantasy fan, thanks for the suggestion though. The Mr. Nice book, that definately sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up.

7. killing pablo, about the hunt for pablo escobar, and bringing down of a cartel.......quite good.........Peace out......Sid

8. not really what you like but you should read Jerry Seinfeld-Seinlanguage