Suggest a PH meter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Justenoughforme, Jan 19, 2016.

1. So I did a shitload of reading before starting my first indoor grow, went on "grow weed easy" . Com somewhere in there pages they recommend the Hana oh pen, like 35$ bought it used it for a couple months, seems decent, still use it , what they do not tell you is you really gotta calibrate these cheap ones soon as you get em, and when you order the ph pen definitely order some calibration solution, it's like another 15$, well worth it imho
    I see Walmart online has those yellow ph pens I see everyone using, cheaper than the Hana pens too, they actually have the combo ph/ tds pens for pretty cheap
    , damn, no ya got me shopping:)
    Nah, I did 3 soil 1 hempy on my first indoor, prolly didn't need it for the soil but it came in real handy for that hempy, btw, that hempy was Awsome for my first run, had zero issues, smooth sailing , super duper dank harvest, good luck with the new ph pen
    Boom

Sent from my 100 acre wood using piglet app

2. Thank you ... I really appreciate all the feedback

my cheap LED grow. 168 watts at the wall:
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1393482-My-"Everything-Wrong"-grow...-probably-no-harvest-:-/

3. #4 GoldGrower, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
    I bought a cheap Chinese one about 10 years ago (£10 at the time) and it worked perfectly fine for 8 years until I managed to break the glass sensor. I checked calibration a few times but it never needed adjusting.

2 years ago I bought a another cheap Chinese one, this time spent a whopping £4 including delivery. It has been faultless ever since. I checked calibration last year but it didn't need adjusting.

I don't know why people pay big money for them, the cheap ones are plenty accurate for our needs. If you worked in a cancer research laboratory then yeah buy a better one, but for growing plants the cheap ones work perfectly fine

4. I have a cheap yellow ph meter and found I was constantly recalibrating the damned thing. I bought a blue lab meter a couple years ago and love it. I also bought a blue lab ppm meter that works great. I used to use the yellow ph pen as a double check ph reading but don't bother anymore as the blue lab meter is so accurate and rarely needs recalibrating. They cost about $100 each but I feel it's well worth the peace of mind I now have because of the reliability of them