Sugars??

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DeeplyROOTED87, Aug 5, 2017.

1. So I was wondering if I can use fruit for sugars. Let them ferment for a while and then use it???? I'm gonna be using molasses but was wondering if fruits like bananas are ok to use

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I would think fermented fruit would have alcohol in it but I don't really know.

3. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. As @Boggieman said above, fermenting fruit creates alcohol. I've never seen a recommendation for adding alcohol to your soil mix. If you want to grow 100% organic, find a proven soil recipe and use it. Tossing this and that into the soil is going to cause you problems. Truly organic soil has to be mixed and then allowed to cook for some period of time before it's usable. The plants need specific nutrients in the soil to grow well and the mix needs to be super light and arid. Your best bet is to use a proven soil recipe for diy soil or just buy a bag of good quality formulated grow soil. I highly recommend Roots Organics Original. It's the best I've found on the market and is worth every penny you pay for it. The soil mix is extremely important to the health of your plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Just out of curiosity, why do you want sugar in your soil?

J

5. check out the unconventional farmer, he does all kinds of fermented plant extracts. its not the sugars you want but the elements and minerals in the plant matter you use.
    personally i dont think any of it is necessary but some do use these methods (Korean farming)

6. Using it like u would molasses or brown sugar.

7. Thanks

8. Thanks. I'm going organic. I made my own soil. just was wondering if u can use fruit like u would use molasses and brown sugar out of Curiosity that's all IMG_3545.JPG

9. "and brown sugar "

Brown sugar?

J

10. By the way - beautiful garden!

Nice job!

J

11. Yea. U never heard of using brown sugar during flowering??

12. Sorry no.

What is it (supposed to be) for?

J