Sugar Water

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wbwhiteboy, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Did any1 hear of mixing regular sugar ( like 1 table spoon ) With water and giving it to plants in flowering towards the end?

2. Actually I have, back in school a chick I knew did a study with growing stuff and adding sugar it helps a slight bit; but with the nutes ud be using would get rid of the need for sugar

3. Plants like sugar. Use pure cane sugar.

And molasses.;) :D

4. I think hes asking for the period at the end when you flush the plants for a smoother smoke.

I think you have to use unrefined sugar, or a more basic natural sugar like corn syrup or molasses.

edit: beaten to the punch by GreyMatterTripp. Was stoned writing this and took too long apparently.

5. i do not have access atm to getting these and close to harvest 3-5 days so can i just use regular sugar i acutually think i read this some where on "hightimes.com" ,

so would it be okay , what does it acutally do?

thanks,
    Wb

6. regular sugar attracts bugs..

7. And wouldn't allowing sugar into your grow allow your plant to asorb it ( if it can ) and then when you harvest , have a harsh smoke ???

8. As others have stated I think molasses is your best bet because I have personally used it my last 3 grows and it makes the plants produce more resin and it makes for a much smoother smoke. The cool thing is you can use it during ure flush cycle. It only takes about 1/2 - 1tsp per gallon of water sense ure so close to harvest ure most likly not going to need very much so u should ask your neighbor to let you borrow some just tell them ure making cookies or something almost everyone uses molasses in baking so there is a good chance one of ure neighbors will have some. On a side note its very cheap i only spend 99 cents on the small bottle i have and it has lasted me for 3 grows of 7 plants each grow worst case start walking to the supermarket there is good chance u will find a single dollar along the way.

9. use beer. straight beer. better than sugar and has beneficial micros. give it a shot on one plant (providing you are in soil). It works wonders for feeding your soil. Where people use molasses in the end, i now use beer. let it sit out over night uncapped to get flat and room temp. i put a whole 12oz can by itself in a planter instead of water when I use it.