Sugar leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LashDog, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Do you trim off your bud's sugar leaves or leave them on? I personally do not trim them off.

2. I trim the ever-loving hell out of them, but use them for extract. The bud smokes very smoothly without all that leaf matter, but it comes down to preference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I trim off every leaf I can. Leaves might be frosty, but they don't taste too good. Sugar leaves just go into the trim pile..it's not like it goes to waste.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I try and shave my buds after removing non sugar fan leaves- I find the leaves to taste a little harsh and if I had it my way my buds would just be straight teardrops (fat swollen caylaxes filled with sticky resin) after they dry I go back and take those annoying sugar leaves that are actually tiny fan leaves bc I can see the 5funger veins and with the tip of my shears I just clip it at the stem so it comes off in one snip. Always save the sufar leaves and little Larf/popcorn buds for ice hash or edibles. I just made my canna butter coco with about 4 grams of sugar leaf and got all types of relaxed.

Attached Files:

5. See the oil slick at the top... taste like chocolate bud- "Mmmmm chocolate bud"

Attached Files:

6. Also it's important to let those sugar leaves dry as well bc if you just jar/bag up and they still contain moisture you can and will get mold

7. If you vape your buds, sugar leaves are just fine. If you combust, the high cellulose/resin composition of the sugar leaves doesn't do the flavor any favor. Either way, be sure to dry and cure the flowers properly.