Sudden weed intolerance causing scary side effects...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Frankie2017, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hello all. I have been doing great, up until a few nights ago. I am an everyday smoker and use it for sleep as well as Tourette’s Syndrome. I grow it and love to grow it and smoke it. All of a sudden, when I smoked Friday night, about 10 minutes later my body began to shake and tremor uncontrollably, almost like a seizure but I was conscious. I also had an extremely severe anxiety attack and heart palpitations along with it. I’ve heard this happening to inexperienced users, but I’m used to it and it has NEVER done this to me. It happened again when I tried to smoke Saturday night and I have not smoked since. What in the hell is going on? My weed is NOT laced, either, it’s store bought as I live in a legal state. Anyone every have this happen suddenly? And despite the fact I haven’t smoked in over 48 hours now, I still feel the same anxiety and palpitations, just to a lesser degree and intensity, along with minor chest pain, back pain, muscle weakness, sweating, cold and hot flushes during any exertion even just walking for a few minutes, periods of minor irritability, and occasional minor headaches. This is changing my mind about weed and it’s long term effects. It is changing on me, I hope someone can shed light in this because I know I’m not the only one this happens to. I read one time in an article and it said, “every joint is like playing Russian Roulette in terms of anxiety disorders that can develop from THC building up in the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Has happened to me before... thought I was a professional smoker until this experience. I remember it vividly, one night a couple buddies and I were cheifing in my backyard, so me being the most "experienced" of the group started heavily smoking these two joints that were in rotation. As soon as I walked back into my house I knew something was different because I couldn't even remember how I got places, sorta like I was teleporting around my house haha. Then the anxiety kicked in and I started to feel like I was going to die, don't even know why that thought crossed my mind but it did. The next morning I felt depersonalized, like I was still in a dream or something. This continued for around a week until I finally got over it.

Now I only smoke weed that I grow myself, and only smoke out of bongs. Bongs are easier to control dosage, 3-4 rips is usually enough for me now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. I think this happens to certain people over a period of time because the THC continues to build up in your body. Maybe if I take a break from it period for a while and let my system detox.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Just take your time....

5. It happened to me as well but no weed was involved. In my case it included some interesting psychosis.

I ended up in the hospital and I remember the doctor read out my blood pressure and it was 220/?. They had to give me two shots of something to bring it back to normal. After ruling out a heart attack (I had some chest discomfort), the ER med said I was having an adrenal rush but he didn't know the cause. I was kept overnight for observation and monitoring. I held my pee for the entire twelve hours 'cause I couldn't figure out how to go the the bathroom or to even ask for a portable urinal.

6. I actually just found out I have Serotonin Syndrome from too much serotonin. It causes an array of mental and physical symptoms. The cause is too high dosage of Sertraline, generic for Zoloft. Serotonin Syndrome causes severe anxiety and marijuana just makes this anxiety worse in this situation. So over stimulation of receptors and nerves. So until I lower the amount of serotonin I’m my body (gradually), I need to refrain from smoking marijuana.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's interesting because serotonin levels is one of the things I was tested for. They still haven't figured out what I have. I've had all manner of tests and imaging and next up they'll be looking for seizures related activity.

8. I just went to the doctor about severe stomach pain and vomiting. He told me that there's a chance that it's because I smoke weed so often

9. #9 Vee, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    'Russian Roulette' no but I handle my tolerance very very carefully

miss weed for 4 days per week(I hate) have done for over 25 years

avoid edibles too, as you don't actually know the % of THC

discipline keeps my Tolerance low

so each toke is like a virgin trying hard each toke ...lol

or suffer the above abuse

[​IMG]

good luck

10. I’m experiencing this now. Same shit with small doses. Anxiety and palpitations last many days after, keeping me up at night. Anyone find out the cure? Seems we all have the same thing.

11. I have not had this happen, I am a 45 year user. Having said that, my life has been such that I took extended time from partaking. The longest just over a year, the shortest, a few days to drive down my tolerance. I had my first legal grow this Summer, so I can now consume as much as I want. I am a little concerned, especially hearing your stories. Time to dry out again for a little while, I think. But not right now, my 4:20 alarm just went off...

12. Yet another person with strange symptoms after consuming cannabis, asking the board for help that did not include in the original post what other medications, rec drugs, alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, they are also using/taking. Thanks for following up with your information as most maybe because of embarrassment just seem to disappear leaving outcomes unknown.

13. It could be a variety of factors working - I'm surprised no one has mentioned the quality/source of the cannabis itself? Could there be a mold or heavy metal that is accumulating? Look hard into where you're getting your bud from and what kind of quality controls there are. A friend of mine had this problem after a decade of heavy smoking and had to stop. I never thought about it at the time but all of the stuff he was smoking at the time was just from our normal connect vs. homegrown so there was no way to eliminate any possible factors in the bud itself.

I know a lot of people don't think about this as we've bought from a certain source for years, but anyone who grows knows that a lot of issues can crop up (pun intended), and if you're smoking a bunch of mold or heavy metals that no one checked for or no one cares about then you could easily have this kind of reaction because your body can't detox that stuff fast enough.

Good luck! I hope all goes will for you and your life.