Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

sudden paranoia/fear - picking up

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by greenghoul, Feb 9, 2014.

1. So I've been smoking for a while and, roughly two years ago, I was caught in a car with weed and put on probation, yada yada yada.  I've been off for a while and picking up/smoking no problem.

However, now that I need to pickup again I'm suddenly scared to do it.  Is it because this is the same time of year that I got caught two years ago?

I don't know.  I'm usually very safe about it, I put everything in a mason jar after purchase and put it in a bag in my trunk.  But still...

How can I get over this? or is the only way of doing so actually going to pickup?

Thanks.

2. If you feel that sketchy then take a taxi, they never get pulled and when they do the passenger is just a customer and rarely gets searched etc.

3. Just have confidence and drive safe.

4. i hate drivin around with weed.

find a connect thatll deliver to you, or walk/bike to him, or even better, grow your own

Sent from my iPhone.

5. It's the fear. The fear they put in you to try and control you. Really think about the downsides to getting busted with that small amount. In the grand scheme of things you got a slap on the wrist, I'm sure.

And I say this as someone who was once arrested with 2lbs. It was a pain in the ass, and really expensive, but I didn't do any time or anything...

The chances of them catching someone who is safe and responsible are slim. And your chances of getting caught are reduced a second time if you learned from the first experience. They just try and scare you into "being a good boy" because they know they probably wont get you a second time.

And boy did it work on me... for a while. It just takes time.

Do you live in America?

7. #7 ReturnFire333, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014

Or follow the rules of the road and learn the phrase "I don't consent to searches." Also traffic violations are not a crime, they are a violation.

8. I can't front, everytime when I'm on the train, I get intense paranoia because sometimes the cops inspect the area (since Downtown Baltimore is filled with crimes) and the bud I cop smells super strong so I pretend I'm reading so they don't catch any suspicion. 

9. Man, I would say to follow your gut. If you're gut says don't pick up tonight, then maybe it's having a premonition. I'm not super spiritual but I feel like we have natural "sensors" that tell us when bad shit is around the corner.

10. i think growing is gonna be a little more difficult/risky than than driving with it in the car for a short period of time.

11. You'll get over the fear over time if you keep doing it. If you want to be really safe, check your lights before you go and don't smoke beforehand or have stuff visible in your car. Most people I know who got caught were pulled over for a minor reason and had a car that reeked of weed. How did you get caught your first time?

12. I picked up and everything went great :)

The first time I got caught was really stupid, I was on campus with my RA and we were smoking in a car on campus.  Probably the stupidest thing I've done.  Since then I've just been freaked about cars I guess.  Basically all I'm scared of is the time between buying it, putting it in my mason jar/backpack, then getting it into my trunk.  Other than that I feel kind of alright about it besides the few days beforehand =\\

13. I haven't ever thought about it much.. but now yeah picking up is really sketchy being on probation. Live in a small town too. People know I smoke. Picking up is indeed risky. I hate driving with bud.
    although, knock on wood, ive never been asked for a search when.pulled over. Which has been quite a few times..