Sudden Onset Cannabis Allergy?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lastdaysofgravity, Jun 20, 2014.

1. #1 lastdaysofgravity, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    In early March of this year I got some bud from a new source and it seemed like very good bud.   It had a lot of dusty particles on it so I think it could have been moldy or something.   I smoked it several times and got an increasingly worse reaction to it every time.  By the end, I could not breathe for hours, had severe chest pains, migraine headache, pupil dialation, vasoconstriction, fever, and extreme anxiety.    Previously, I had smoked daily for about seven years and never had any of these problems before.  In fact, I used it to treat my allergies (I have some food allergies).

After this I got bud from about five different sources and reacted the same way even though I was positive that these were not moldy or anything at all.   I eventually stopped smoking and it has been about three months now.    Now, when I am around people that smoke if I just smell their breath I get the same reaction.  I believe it is called anaphylaxis.  I have to take a ton of vitamin c and Benadryl and it still feels like I am on the verge of death for a day or two.  It is insanely scary.

I had to even stop working for one of my employers that tokes.  He paid me in cash and I was reacting to the cash!!!!!! Insane, I know.    Why have I seemed to have developed a severe allergy to cannabis and how can I stop it?   I have a chronic illness and it was the only thing that worked for my symptoms previously and now I have been 100% miserable ever since I stopped.  I don't even have anything for relief when I'm having one of these reactions.  It seriously feels like I'm going to have a heart attack, seizure, and stroke at the same time.   I get severe vasoconstriction and turn white as a ghost.  I can actually feel my veins constricting it is so bad.    I have never had an allergic reaction as severe as this in my life and I can't even be around some of my friends anywhere.   :(

2. Sounds like you have some psychological problem

3. Seek medical advice immediately

4. #4 lastdaysofgravity, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    yea they tell me its an anyphlactic reaction and to stop being around it.

psychological problems?  thanks but this is a physiological reaction.

5. Honestly my first reaction was also that this might have a psychological element.  I don't doubt your first reaction, but it seems crazy to have such an extreme reaction from so much as touching the money.  I mean, my boyfriend has basically a fatal allergy to buckwheat, but if he consumes just a tiny amount all that happens is his mouth gets tingly and he gets super scared and thinks more is gonna happen.  So I think it's possible that the reaction you're getting is amplified or even produced psychosomatically.  Even if it is a legit allergy, which it could be, you shouldn't have a reaction like that from touching a toker's money.  That doesn't seem possible.

Could you get an epipen or something just in case?  Would that work?  I don't really know a whole lot about epipens.

6. yea i have many other allergies and it does seem insane to me as well.  I have never had anxiety or panic attacks while smoking and this is nothing like that.    I Have many other allergies as well so it does not surprise me that I have developed a sensitivity like this.  It is just very depressing.

7. go find a shrink to help out with that, it will help a bunch. Trust me, its all in your head, weed will do that.

8. LOL, -CRAZY- _A.L.E.R.T._-CRAZY-

9. #9 Blazin83, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
    My friend has the same thing, deffo psychological

I guarantee you always think of your high going wrong, before or during and after you smoke

- ROLL IT UP
      LIGHT IT UP
      SMOKE IT UP

10. That ol saying.... Man your trippn.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

11. Definitely not an allergy, its in your head.
    Seek medical advice and contact a shrink, your life will be so much better.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app