Such a thing as too much stretch

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Raverthug, Mar 13, 2015.

1. So Im about 13 days into flower and my plant has done ALOY of stretching. I dont mind that but Im worried that its uneven. When I flipped it on the 1st it was all even under the net. Now because of the stretch I added a 2nd net to support and its well above that. Look at the pics and tell me what I need to do besides raise my light. The last pic is with a bottle of ph down for an idea of size
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Have you considered bending the taller ones over a little,even things up a bit for yourself my man

3. thought about it but didnt know if I should tuck it or tie it or what

4. I'd tie something around it and pull it down, very carefully mind, you don't want to damage the stem

5. Definatly tie her down

6. ok If I can tuck her under the net should I do that?

7. Use those long ones to fill in open space.. It's not to late

8. Try and arrange all the tallest ones to the border of the support net to even up the canopy. Leaving all the shorter ones for the middle closer to the bulb. 

The light looks very close though, are you able to raise it at all? 

9. What watts are the light? You might just need more light or stronger bulbs or something like that :)

10. That's a pretty large tote! Your plants gonna be a giant my man.

11. works been crazy. i raised the light. will tuck asap. they are in 10 gal buckets under a 400 hps. I have a MUCH bigger grow planned that I will try to journal

12. They stretch like that for light
    So lower the lights or more lights man

13. tie them down to the net and keep tieing them till they stop stretching . be careful as the tend to snap easily when in strech. keep the light as low as possible to the tops without burning them , they will strech up to the light the higher it is in search for more light. last but not least try keepin your lights on and lights off temps as close as poissible , the bigger the diffrence in temp the more strech. 
    oh yea if ya got a metal halide bulb use that for now as that wil also help

14. My advice is don't tuck any colas below canopy level or you'll end up with 1000 tiny nugs. That main dominant stem needs the light more than any other part.

15. Yes possibly.. use some string from scrogg build...use the screws in pvc , to tie down ..leave a loop of string at each end for adjusting..just a thought