Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Such a thing as a bad trip?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blunt Ashez, May 28, 2011.

1. I got so fucked up yesterday and it really too much to control. Thoughts were racing wildy and was feeling anything from colors to fruit. Normal?

2. Yes, but you don't "trip" on marijuana, you "trip" on powerful psychedelics such as LSD.

3. you can get to high and bug out and get paranoid...thats not a trip, you "trip" when your on hallucinogens like LSD mushrooms dmt or salvia, among others. Marijuana is not a hallucinogen.

4. Is it allowed to post a detailed explanation of your high? I feel like sharing it with the world.

5. yea lol theres probably tons of threads for that, look around for em. :smoke:

6. It is relatively common, especially for inexperienced smokers, for marijuana to take their thoughts to very strange places. While it is considered a mild hallucinogen, the vast majority of us never experience a hallucination from marijuana. However, it is very psychoactive, especially sativas or marijuana strains high in THC and low in CBD. (the majority of strains are bred for this, to amp up the high)

Psychoactive means your brain can be bringing in as much as 5 times information at the same time, which is why music can sound incredible, time can seem slow, etc.

This isn't a "bad trip" unless you're in the set of mind that this would distress you. If that's the case, you probably shouldn't smoke until you're in a good mood, excited to experience said effects, not scared of them. Or get new, different weed.

Yes.

7. I sure had one yesterday. I feel I'm generally more prone to that kind of stuff than others because it's like 1/5 times everyone else will be chill toking and I'll have my mind racing and thinking absurd crazy thoughts.

Last night I convinced myself my life was a TV show, and all of the streets and people I knew were like playing cards.. And my friend I was doing it with was my lowly sidekick and I found him incredibly pathetic. Also a lot of things seemed to occur in algorithms. I recalled thinking at least 5 times during this "why would i ever want to get this high this is awful".

8. Lmao, well dude, I was hallucinating for sure. Not as in my whole environment changes and I feel like I'm on another planet, but like this. I took about 3-4 GOOD hits, which really isn't alot at all. I haven't smoked about 2-3 weeks before this. For some reason everything had a number to it. I kept imagining everything as numbers in the form of the object. And 1 9 4 4 came up alot. Felt like I had multiple orgasms in my lungs and knees. I swear it felt like a blender was in my knees making strawberry ice cream covered in chocolate syrup. And then at one point it felt like cones were also added to the mixture o: When I closed my eyes, my thoughts were RACING and everything I though of I saw. I was also convinced at one point that the earth is actually shaped like a big ship. Lmfao.

9. ya your thoughts race and it's really scary the first time and exciting the next times haha. It's not a trip though.

10. It was my fifth time and it's less then what I usually smoke, which is the strange part. This was the highest I gotten. There were lots of cops circling the park aswell, I was going paranoid.

11. That's a pretty crazy high, it's like you got to experience schizophrenic thinking. :p Anything else we should know about (lack of sleep, are you malnourished/have a predisposition to this?)

You got way too much THC and not enough CBD to counterbalance it. Stick to indicas son.

Also, check this out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq-90GrvG-E&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

12. I didn't eat that day and slept about 5-6 hours. The thing is I made a foil pipe (I KNOW! BAD IDEA!), we didn't have NOTHING else to smoke out of and we were flat broke. Anyways, I made the shaft of the pipe about 2-3 bigger then a normal pipe. Maybe each time I took a hit, it was like 3 hits. There was HELLA smoke coming from that thing.

13. That was probably your problem, you smoked too much! This is common with newer tokers

14. Yeah man, my first few times smoking, I split a single bowl, maybe 2 hits, with one dude and I was fucking roasted. My first time with a bong, a single hit had my heart slamming and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Take it easy when you have no tolerance to it and no food in your stomach.

15. I felt like that ONCE and I fought through it and enjoyed my high. I just began thinking - "woah woah!! I'm soo fucking high this is incredible! everything is so intense and significant"

16. Greening out. Horrible.

17. No such thing cuz you don't "trip" from smoking