Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Substitute for screen

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sir Stoner, Dec 22, 2012.

1. So i lost my screen and now i need a new one cause my bowl hole is really wide, and all i have is ground buds, what can i improvise with

2. Aluminum foil is always nice. Poke little holes through it. I used it for the bongs I made myself... Haha. Good luck!

3. Go in your bathroom and poke out the metal screen in your faucet!

4. A pebble, bb, ball bearing

5. I've used the aluminum foil method, and I guess I would recommend it. There are some superstitions regarding its health effects..which I won't bring up because I'm not sure if they're true. What I can say is that it's effective and I've chiefed using an aluminum foil filter a fair number of times.

Best option, in my opinion: new bowl.

6. I hear you can poke small holes in a pringle.

7. I've done this. It works extremely well. Just hold the screen over a lighter for at least 20 seconds or so.

8. The screen in the faucet is the best and usually very available. One sink I undid had like 4 of them!

9. Like everyone said, the faucet is your number 1 choice, but i've also heard that the screen in your ( white ) ipod earbuds works , apparently its metal.

10. No no no no no no no no no no no. NO!

I know you're new here but how do you not know that aluminum causes Alzheimers and a ton of other health problems.

11. Go down to the hardware store and just buy a small amount of screening and cut it out yourself?

12. Its not really something to worry about if you're only doing it once or twice until you get a new screen. Everyones used foil at one point, as nasty as it is.

13. Everyone has used foil and everyone regrets it. Unless they kept smoking it...then they probably dont have a brain left to regret it with.

Neverrrrrr smoke aluminum foil. Better off not smoking.

14. Aluminium has been shown to be associated both with plaques and with tangles in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease (Crapper et al 1976). However, the presence of aluminium does not mean that the aluminium was the causal factor − it is more likely to be a harmless secondary association.

15. [quote name='"EssayBoy"']I've used the aluminum foil method, and I guess I would recommend it. There are some superstitions regarding its health effects..which I won't bring up because I'm not sure if they're true. What I can say is that it's effective and I've chiefed using an aluminum foil filter a fair number of times.

Best option, in my opinion: new bowl.[/quote]

It causes lots of health problems

16. I use stems when i dont have a screen

17. squeeze some ground bud together to make a little ball if you don't have a small nuglet

or a small pebble works good too

18. I've been smoking my bowl sans a filter for a while now, kinda regret the congestion it's caused tho.

19. I decided to use the ones in sinks

20. was probably your best bet, but go buy a real screen asap.