Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

substitute for joint paper?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Specialk, Feb 17, 2006.

1. yup im trying to learn how to roll a joint, i've smoked many times from my glass pipe/homemade pipes/homemeade bongs, but never from a joint... and it sounds like something i'd really like to try... i practised using just paper for a while using stuff around the house that would roll like bud but scince im getting some this weekend i'd like to know if there are any substitutes for join paper that could be easy to find and would work well... regular printer paper doesn't work well right? thx in advance for the help:D :smoke:

2. I've used recipts(sp) from like taco bell but i wouldn't recommend it cuz of the inky but some blank bible paper is great. Just don't use any pages with scripture.

3. yea my friend told me of her friend who smoked a full bible before highschool lol... im not that religious but if that's the only other thing i'd rather just use my pipe... it's named mugatu:D

4. haha im sure god wont send u to hell for using the bible to smoke weed, but if ur worried, ask for repentance afterwards

• Like Like x 1
  5. Back in the day I used to practice with thin paper such as bible paper or dictionary paer, or even gum wrappers with the foil peeled off and filled them with pencil shavings to substute the texture of grinded bud. If you smoke tobacco then roll your own ciggs and pretty soon you'l be rolling like no ones business.

6. Tracing paper also works great I was in my drawing class stoned and I was just like "wooo, I could roll like 2 ounces into one of these!!!" Now if only I could afford that tracing paper.

7. Ok I said this in so many of these threads. Use the thin paper the single toilet paper rolls come in. It works just as good as a rolling paper.

8. But u gotta also b carful about the cemicals. Like reg paper uses bleach and other shit.
    Just saying, since i smoke weed i mine as well
    do it smart :smoke:

9. I use receipts, and the paper that comes inside the Altoids boxes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah, I also have used receipts with friends when we had no papers.

Receipt burns relatively fast though.

11. #11 bagpiper420, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
    My gas station down the street has these things...I think they're called Zig-Zags or something...but they work great, and only cost a buck or two.

Edit: Just realized this thread was two and a half years old. Sorry to be contributing to the lunacy.

12. Tracing paper is about the same texture i believe try it

13. zig zags are like a dollar and you get 30 papers and im not tryin to be a asshole either i just wouldnt use anything else. maybe in a bind dictionary paper but its not that hard to get in the car and pick up some papers and if you dont have a car just ask a buddy to pick some up for you, some gas stations even sell them. i just think that if you use something like a reciept it will have chemicals in it that you will inhale and sure maybe once in awhile its not so bad but if your doin it all the time i dont see why you wouldnt just pick up some papers. joints seriously are high on my list of ways i like to smoke so i could just be picky too. either way enjoy the joint man:D

14. DON'T USE RECEIPT PAPER. It's paper that's been impregnated with dye and acid that react when heated, resulting in the color change. You do NOT want to be inhaling those chemicals.

15. when im don't have any papers and i really want to roll a j, i just use the blank pages/blank parts of the pages of the blank papers in the front and/or back of text books from my previous semester classes. real thin and easy to work with.

16. TISSUE PAPER!!! it works freaking awesome. saved me in a pinch once and still use it to make crazy big joints sometimes.

17. just go out and buy some papers, man.

you shouldnt have any problems..

unless of course youre UNDERAGE! :rolleyes:

the only time i used "substitute papers" was when i was 15 and i just started smoking. you ARE 18, arent you?

18. Exactly yeaa.
    It turns black or purple when it burns.
    Yeaa i gotta say just use zig zags.

Would the altoid papers inside the box work tho??

19. You can try to haggle the person working at a lower-class store for papers no matter what age you are. Back in the day when I first started I would say, "It doesn't have tobacco in it so it's not really a tobacco product. Do you want my fucking business or not???" That'll normally work, or you can pull the family card and said that your dad rolls his cigarettes and is sick and can't go out of the house so he told you to get him some.