Subscription fees for Madden, Modern Warfare, etc.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Vash.The.Stampede, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Just out of curiosity - Is it possible to play madden 12 online for free? Everytime I tried to play a game over xbox live, it kept asking me to sign up and register for an account that I have to subscribe to?

Are other newer games designed to be liked that - in which you have to pay extra to play online? Is that how the new modern warfare is?

2. I believe you need an Online Pass. I had to use a little card that came with my FIFA 12 to be able to use the multiplayer portion of the game.

Since I hate COD, I can say BF3 uses the online pass too.

If you don't have the games yet, don't buy them used. They may not have the code and you'll have to buy an online code thru the PSN/XBL.

3. ugh - that is so frustrating - so I have to pay for an online pass in addition to paying 59.99 a year to use xbox live!?

I should have got a PS3

4. You actually have to buy the games when they're full priced new in order to get the codes. If you wait for it to drop in price there's a good chance they wont give you a code and if they do they will say it has expired. It happened to me when I bought Skate 3 brand fucking new, even though EA SAID I would have full access... I don't unless I shell out $10 for a pass.

FUCK that. Fuck EA, such a bullshit company. This practice is why I'm not buying anymore of their games. I can see trying to protect yourselves from used game sales (well, a little. But I think they should just deal with it like every other company).. but they do so by hurting regular customers too. Lame shit

As far as I know EA is the only company doing this code bullshit, thankfully. I think other companies are decent enough not to. I hope so, cause if not I'll have to stop buying their shit too. I'll pirate a goddamn game before I'll give EA money

5. Well you had to pay to play dc universe but it's free2pay now with extra shot you can pay for. That online pass shit is bullshit. Good thing I don't play EA games anyways. I just want that NFL exclusive deal to finish so 2k can kill madden just like they did with NBA live.

6. Game developers are getting more fucking greedy by the year bro. All the Packs u have to pay and shit, that should just come with the game.

7. Yea this is getting ridiculous . If I want to buy all the call of duties when they come out and the map packs and cod elite that would be hundreds of frikken dollars

8. You mean to say, there is an end date to EA's contract with the NFL???

9. Guys you do realize the only reason EA sells these codes is because gamestop makes so much money off of them selling there used games ? There not greedy, there losing tons of money they used to be getting. gamestop and whatever other company/s added to this are the greedy ones.

10. what does that even mean? hahah. the reason for cod elite is for the "hardcore cod players" that will buy every map pack. it saves them money while getting extra things if im not mistaken.

11. [quote name='"NotoriousCheech"']

what does that even mean? hahah. the reason for cod elite is for the "hardcore cod players" that will buy every map pack. it saves them money while getting extra things if im not mistaken.[/quote]

Well let's see , if you've owned the game since Cod 4 , it cost about 50 bucks in DLC for each game , there's cod 4 . World at war . Mwf2 black ops and mwf3 , you do the math , and then 60 bucks a year onto of that for xbox live? Phuck dat

12. this thread isnt even about the call of duty franchise, its about EA. Its YOUR choice to buy the dlc you dont need to. sounds like your pissed at falling into call of dutys scams.

13. [quote name='"NotoriousCheech"']

this thread isnt even about the call of duty franchise, its about EA. Its YOUR choice to buy the dlc you dont need to. sounds like your pissed at falling into call of dutys scams.[/quote]

I'm pissed that I spend 50 bucks on DLC only to have a new call of duty come out and render the old one obsolete . And if I wanna play with my friends I gotta buy the new ones because they got them ,

14. If EA can't handle the way the industry works, they shouldn't be in it. I mean, resales are something almost every company has to take into consideration when selling products. Maybe car companies should start implementing shit that will prevent people from selling their car/buying used cars.

And the real shitty thing about what EA is doing is that you don't just have to buy a code if you buy used. You will need to buy a code if you buy your game brand new if it's after the price has dropped. I bought Skate 3 brand new and the code they gave me had expired and was told I would have had to buy it when it was still $60 for it to work, and now I have to buy a fucking code. FUCK EA

15. Well i mean obviously they can handle it there one of the top game companys, maybe the people pissed at them dont understand how it works and shouldnt buy there games? it could go either way. there not forcing you to buy there games.

I never had a problem with a code not working. an expiration date on the code? All of the codes i have it doesnt say anything about that. Although if you were Missing the code paper after a price drop. Im pretty sure gamestop also takes codes out, 24/48 hour xbox live cards.

Im not siding with EA because i think that is wack if you rent a EA game you cant even play the online. But i just think alot of people are mad for the wrong reasons, and at the wrong people.

16. read me other posts, be mad at gamestop for scaming, or yourself i guess for not buying the game new? im not telling anyone to get mad its just the way the cookie crumbles

17. I'm not mad at gamestop.. I mean, if I were I would also need to be mad at people who sell used cars, clothes, movies, electronics, tools, ect.. buying and selling used goods is just how the industries work. Why blame Gamestop? I blame EA for implementing a shitty system that hurts customers who also buy games new.

I'm done with them. No BF3 for me.. and if it ever comes out no Skate 4 either =(.. unless they reform their shit anyway

18. I understand where your coming from. But if you have supported games like skate and battlefield, or even any other ea games before this. Why change now? If you enjoyed those games im guessing most of them were bought new so you get the online pass for free.

19. Why? You would be paying the same thing. Take it up with EA and any other company that does that shit, not the consoles they are on.

20. no you should buy the game new.

this is caused by the massive amount of game pirates out there, and by used game sales. blame those fucking douchebag pirates.

better get used to it because this is the direction games are heading due to pirates. Youll probably be paying a sub fee for all multiplayer games soon.