Subscribing to threads?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Chronic777, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Is there a way to stop it automatically subscribing to threads with email notification?

Im fine withit subscribing me to threads i make & reply in, but why the automatic email subscription?

Is there a way so i dont have to manually change it to 'no email subscription' every time i post somewhere?

Thanks!

2. User CP>under settings and options>edit options>messaging and notification>set default thread subscribe mode to Do Not Subscribe

3. Thanks dude, i shoulda been able to figure out that one myself, i just presumed it would've been under 'subscriptions' & 'edit folders' instead of under the main 'edit'

Nice one :D rep

4. You actually want to select "No email notification" in edit options.
    Selecting "Do not subscribe" will stop you from being updated of new posts altogether.

5. yeah if you want to subscribe without email notification, sorry.

Although you can also manually subscribe to a thread by clicking thread tools at the top of each thread and click subscribe.

6. Thats cool, he pointed roughly in the right place, i thought the options should be with the subscription folder itself, but all good sorted now...

I do love this place!

7. You'll need to also go to your subscription list and change the email notifications for the ones already subscribed to, as well.

8. I have something like 386 subscribed threads from when I had it on auto-sub. Is there a way to quickly and efficently unsubscribe to these threads? Thanks.

9. The only way to do it besides thread by thread is via your usercp, view all subscribed threads and then click on the box next to 'notification' and then down at the bottom select delete subscriptions and that will delete them page by page.

10. thanks ^^ all sorted now.