Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sublingual Injection (Under the Tongue) Solvent Possibilities

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jwhardy21, Jan 19, 2014.

1. I don't drink alcohol, but I would sure like a high proof for tinctures just like yours. I'd love to obtain Everclear somehow.

2. At this point the kief is about as damp as chewing tobacco.

3. So I've placed it under my tongue and it burned like hell. It burned so bad I spit it out immediately. I spit it out onto a pad of paper rather than the floor (clutch) and poured it back under my tongue.I am going to let it sit for as long as I can, and hopefully I feel something soon. If not, I'll just pour it back out and let it dry from my spit and smoke it lol. If there's no thc in my system, it'll still be in the bud.

4. glycerin tincture for sublingual usage. Kief, weed, hash oil are all poor choices because of the body's inability to break down the trichome heads or the oil barrier.

You need a carrier molecule that the body will pull into it's cells for breakdown and cannabinoid release.

This is why edibles are made with fats. And why glycerin is used for tinctures. They both dissolve cannabinoids and can carry it into the cells efficiently.

For sublingual use, you need to hold it under your tounge for some time. Glycerin does not absorb sublingually very regularly. An alcohol tincture, a proper one like green dragon not what you made, would be almost instantaneous in absorption but some people don't like it because they don't want the effects of alcohol in their body

5. Thanks for your input Sheldon!
    If I hold this under my tongue long enough should it still work?

6. No. You did nothing to that kief. If anything, you leached the trichome heads of their cannbinoids along with chlorophyll, plant salts, tannins, and waxes from the plant material, which is essentially bad hash oil, then by not straining the plant matter you just have empty trichome husks coated in poor oil.

It needs an alcohol carrier, a solution where it remains dissolved in ethanol (high proof alcohol works best like 151 or grain alcohol), or a glycerin carrier.

You could still do this process with your current product. It won't be as strong or pure since you have a lot of leached chlorophyll and plant junk, and you heated it a bit so you could have damaged the cannbinoids or converted them to their degradation product (cbn is the breakdown product of thc, found in high concentration in resin, produces a very stony heavy high).

7. You may be correct in your claims, but right now I am without a doubt stoned. Maybe because the bud was pre-decarboxylated it was still able to enter my system?

8. Activation is only part of how to make cannabis bioavailable. Meaning the body can readily absorb and use it. Some of the cannabinoids can enter in the cell without a proper carrier molecule. But very little of it can and very little bit of the amount that can that will be broken down enough to release cannabinoids into the blood stream.

Which is why eating raw weed can get you high. But you need large quantities to make it work. Or this working for you sublingually. I didn't think it would work, but some of it could have gotten into your blood stream enough

Have you smoked also? Don't doubt the powers of the placebo effect

9. I have not smoked! I wanted to make sure what I was feeling was genuine, and it truly is. Honest! lol
    There's still a lot to be learned about cannabis, Maybe I've stumbled upon something unknown in the world of cannabis!

10. We know what you did to your kief. I already described that. You're high because your body can utilize small amounts of raw trichome heads. As I explained before.

11. i see da vinci in that last pic

12. He can also use coconut oil which is actually a better solvent than glycerin. Although you can vape glycerine tinc. Why would the ISO not have extracted the cannabs? People do quick washes where the ISO contact with buds is very short and that grabs all the needed chemicals pretty quickly. I doubt the safety of ISO sublingually but I do think it would have some efficacy in getting him stoned. But yeah throwing an unpurged hash/hash oil kinda mix under the tongue might burn like you said and also might not be the healthiest. Try your olive oil and bud and use the crockpot to get them at a decent temperature for 20 mins and you'll have a really dank tinctSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Good point he can use coconut oil also.

And he didn't strain. So he didn't make qwiso