Subliminal Messaging

Discussion in 'General' started by Verts, Sep 10, 2014.

1. #1 Verts, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    Many people have speculated on the uses and overall efficacy of subliminal advertising and subliminal messaging in the media/TV/music/movies/ads, etc. Others claim it's a bunch of nonsense being raised by paranoid tin foil hat wearing neckbeards. I think it's pretty plain to see a lot of subliminal advertising in media, especially in the past. It was outlawed and declared illegal in the 1970's, but subliminal messaging still seems to be leaking into every form of entertainment there is.

What do you think? Is it real or bullshit? Do you think it works? How/why? Do you know any examples of this? How do you think we can combat it?

2. Bullshit...But that's just me. :cool:

3. why do you say that, man? there's plenty of examples floating around you just gotta see. you look but you don't see, man.

4. You should be the one providing examples tbh. Can't just throw something out there and ask us

5. #5 dankness420, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    I don't think its an effective way to get a message across, but that's just me.

6. They've already brainwashed you with it.

7. good call man

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ^^

that's crazy dude..

i was always wondering why i feel like sucking a dick every time i drink a coke..

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Look, all I'm sayin' is that if you buy shit because there is a naked lady if you flip the picture over it is not the pictures fault.

That's just some of that tin cap shit there. :cool:

11. The burger king one had a lot of surrounding controversy.

But only because they stole the picture of the girl and made it look like she was going to suck a dick sandwich.

12. I've done graphic work for my cousin before, and it's normal for artists to get their shits and giggles through their art.

Say Pepsi paid me to create an ad, and I decided to insert a penis somewhere (lol), it's not Pepsi that wanted the dick in the ad, could be just someone getting a laugh out of it.

13. Subliminal messaging doesn't exist.

/Thread

14. Penises.

Penises everywhere.

15. The snacker one is seriously stretching the line. That dollar bill looks pretty Photoshopped. What's wrong with the skittles?

16. yeah idk about that one. the skittles pic is another "SEX" image. look closer 

17. im not sure what this thread is saying. must be subliminal