Sublime is back

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CAZx7, Mar 3, 2009.

1. #1 CAZx7, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    Sublime reunited with a new singer/guitarist and theyre pretty damn good. i wouldnt think someone would be able to replace brad but this guy does it pretty good.
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/sublime_confirm_reunion.html

heres a video of their new song.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkfVlCM_SA"]YouTube - Sublime w/Rome (Live at the Cantina in Sparks NV Feb.28th 2009 )[/ame]

heres an old one
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TgUhc627-I&feature=related"]YouTube - Sublime w/Rome Ball and Chain (live at the cantina Sparks NV) FEB 28TH 2009[/ame]

2. sounds pretty good but its not brad.
    I'd still go and see them though.

3. it is not the same.

:(

4. Sounds good. Should of just re-named the band, instead of keeping it named Sublime.

5. can never be the same, but still sounds good to me

6. sounds good.. but yeah its just not the same. maybe dave grohl and krist novoselic should find a new frontman and start nirvana up again.. no..

7. #7 gonemadwithmary, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Dude..

My ex-cousin's band is ruined. :(

Bradley James Nowell WAS Sublime! :mad:

How the fuck did this happen.. :(

I'm beyond fuckin' pissed right now.

8. This isn't the band I love...

9. #9 gonemadwithmary, Mar 4, 2009
    Dude, I knooooowwwwww.. :( This is just so fuckin' sad. What the fuck is this world comin' to when a man fuckin' ODs and his band just finds a fuckin' replacement?

I wonder what Jake Nowell's got to say about this.. This literally ruined my fuckin' night. I've never met his wife or his kid, but me and Brad were fuckin' cousins.. I feel so fuckin' bad about this..

EDIT: They could've at least had the decency to change the band's name..

10. not sublime, but still pretty good. i'll def give the new sublime a chance

11. #11 Bencker, Mar 4, 2009
    They can never replace Bradley, they should've renamed the band. I agree with gonemadwithmary.. this ruined my night..

12. He may sound like Brad, but can he write like him? I think the band should be renamed to something different IMO. Also a problem concerning reunions of this sort where one crucial member is missing is that people bash them for playing their old songs. This cannot be the case here, because while Brad did write the lyrics and chord progressions, Bud and Eric added their creativity and style to the band and so they wrote all of the drum and bass parts. And I don't think Brad is gonna be rolling around in his grave when hearing this, but instead he'll just be smiling and tokin on a dubie.:smoke:

13. it might not be the old sublime but its still better than 80% of the music that comes out today. i doubt they got together so they can live up to the old glory days. they never even got a chance to tour their best album.

14. 40oz. To Freedom was by far their best, not Sublime. It's got some good tracks, but definitely not their best.

15. Dudes there's only like a half of a person of Lynnard Skynard left.

16. Brads death was sum bullshit man, why the FUCK would he ever shoot that shit up so much, that fool had a beautiful son waitin for him at home, and he was fuckin around with shit that kills you. Shame

But yeah the reunion sounded way better then shit out there nowadays, but it isn't the same, brad was so awesome to watch play and everything, this guys just kinda stands there like Eric always has.

17. woooooooooord

18. Did you meet him though?
    and I certainly dont think Bud or Erik mean any disrespect towards Brad. I agree completly with changing the name though:confused_2::bolt::bongin: