Sublime Fans...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Sublimefan420, Jun 8, 2009.

1. So Brad Nowell past away in May of '96, and many people thought Sublime died that day. But 13 long years later, Eric and Bud re-united under the name of "Sublime." A 20 year old kid named "Rome."

I have mixed feelings of this kid... considering he isn't even of age to DRINK legally, and Bud and Eric are almost twice his age. However his voice is similar to Brad's, it doesn't have that roughness like Brad's which made listening to him sing a good time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXN6F3d0nyY]YouTube - Sublime Reunion (NEW FRONT SINGER "Rome") - Saw Red feat. Rome & Kat (Raw Session Cover)[/ame] - THIS IS ROME SINGING SAW RED.

So if you're a die hard Sublime fan, or someone who just listens to them when your chilling out, share your thoughts. ;)

2. I've seen this guy...hes no brad...I'll go see them if they tour just cause bud and eric are stil fucking epic.

3. I don't like him at all, and I don't think he sounds like Brad one bit.

They should just let Sublime stay what Sublime was...I have no problem with Bud and Eric wanting to find a new lead singer, but change the band name...this kid is no Brad. Not even close.

4. Hmm... he sounds a bit like Brad, but there's definitely something missing. It'll never be what Sublime was. Damn shame. I dunno, I saw Badfish last summer and they were not half bad. I'd rather listen to a cover band like Badfish than this which is basically just trying to replace him. :( This isn't awful to listen to though I guess. I'd have to hear more.

5. There is something missing, but every leaf has another side. What you need to see is just what the band can be now, and enjoy the old for what you loved, and their new for what they can bring.

6. he's meh. He kinda radiates a gay persona, know what I mean? Lawl it might just be me. But this, my friend, right here.. is what I love the most..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ymA3iaMQw]YouTube - Sublime w/Rome STP live at th Cantina Sparks NV FEB 28th 2009[/ame]

7. yeah, i've known about this whole rome thing since last year.
    i don't like it at all.
    replacing brad is just a bad idea and especially replacing him with someone who has no enthusiam.
    but to those who are just angry that they're taking a new guy and calling it "Sublime", they're legally not allowed to call themselves 'Sublime' and are now touring as 'Sublime w/ Rome' if that makes anyone feel any better. :)

8. Whoever it is; If I were to see them live, and they played Boss DJ without bradley singing, it wouldn't make me feel the same way; nice but not sublime.