sublime fans listen up!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by kissmyash_ley, Mar 8, 2009.

1. so i just read that sublime has played some small reunion shows with a new singer named rome. i've been trying to find some more info but there isnt much out there. if you want to check them out in action, go ahead and youtube it. anyway, for my question, what are your opinions of sublime trying to do replace brad? what do you think of rome?

2. There is no replacement to Brad, plain and simple.

But, if they do it in a respectful way, which I am sure they will, I am all for it.

Brad would want them to continue.

3. lol, congrats your sublime reunion topic num. 4,683

Sublime will never be the same, ever the three original members are the three original makers, there are no "fill-ins" that's a disservice to all that Brad Nowell conquered.

4. #4 Jankydank, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    I'm all for them continuing to play, but there is nothing they can do to make it the same Sublime. I don't know about it being a disservice though. R.I.P Brad.

Edit: If I had it my way they would rename the band, that way if they suck they won't taint the name lol

5. i totally agree with you
    brad was definitly a one in a million. the thing that gets me is that the essence of brad made the band what it was, and you'll never be able to replace that.

for me renaming is a must