Subcool question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by brownie9091, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Im wanting to give subcools mix a shot but with my own twist, i dont wanna use blood meal and bone meal outdoors because i dont want the extra attractant for pests so my question is and im sure i can, can i substitute the bone and blood with guanos if so about how much, or is there a rule of thumb for how much to use? Ie: one cup per gallon or 1/2 cup for one cf you catch my drift im onna tweek it just need a solid base point thx guys

2. ^^ it doesn't matter IMO^^

you wait till it cooks, by that time the scent is gone.

Subcools mix is way over fed (it is only meant to feed from the bottom of the pot), so if you want to substitute you should be fine to do a direct switch. just remember you want your roots to grow down into the mix.

Wharf

3. For sure man thx.. I figured i could sub it just wanted to make sure there wasnt any benefits of the blood and bone i was missing with the guanos.. So is there a limit to how much i can put? I been reading and one cup per gallon has been mentioned a time or two. Or should i just switch pound for pound for the meal? Thx again man