Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sub-par LA Dispensaries... any hope for reasonable compassion?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GreenDevil420, May 10, 2012.

1. #1 GreenDevil420, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    Why is it that it seems very difficult to find high-quality medicinal cannabis in Los Angeles without the huge price tag?

Not to go too far on a rant, but I have yet to find a decently priced dispensary that also delivers on the medication. I recently spent the past four years in the midwest, in a highly conservative state, where I was able to find some of the best medical marijuana from California I have ever encountered. When I moved back home to the Los Angeles area, I sought to find the most effective strain for me, and ended up landing on a few, and some with a giant price tag. I noticed that most of the shops in Los Angeles that ask for a hefty donation often instead care more about the marketing aspect, and with that invariably comes the fake, micro-brained materialistic sect... and those others that try to follow in their footsteps. I have had a couple really solid go-to spots, but most of the dispensaries failed to deliver consistent high quality -- at least in the sativa/sativa-dominant hybrid departments.

Is medical cannabis acquisition a highly time-sensitive activity when dealing with outlets, or are there actually shops that consistently have dank product? I feel like I've tried many of the places around, but most just seem to offer over-priced meds ($55-60/8th, $375-420/oz)... it's the year 2012.

Should I just slowly save up cash, avoid the dispensaries all together and try to find a caregiver/grower for 1oz/2oz at a time, or is there any hope for reasonably-priced high quality sativa/sativa-dominant hybrids in this area?

Cheers!

2. Raids are up, supply diminishes, prices skyrocket. Typical market economics right now...

That said, even though I'm not in the LA area, I can still get the best deals from delivery services in my county. Might be worth looking into if you don't have any worthwhile dispensaries near you.

3. i pay 40-45 for top .... look around

4. The market has never been so saturated with Bud, so it's not like there is a lack of product driving prices. It's just pure greed. The raids may have scared off some of them but the fact is they didn't bust anyone, just trashed their shop and took their weed.

5. im guessing because you only seem willing to use delivery services. go to a club dude, you can get 35-45 dollar eighths

6. [quote name='"FatSesh92"']im guessing because you only seem willing to use delivery services. go to a club dude, you can get 35-45 dollar eighths[/quote]

Lol he has been going to the clubs. When he said deliver, he meant he wishes the clubs would pull thru with quality product

7. No sympathy for you none at all.

8. haha oops

9. Can't you just go to WeedTracker or something to find a good place to go?

10. Weedtracker/Weedmaps is your best friend with this problem. Do your homework on it and search around, you're bound to find something. I just found a great club with some great high quality bud that also does a Rewards Card kinda thing, AND delivers (and gives away a ton of free quality stuff as well)...the thing that irks me the most nowadays are clubs that advertise a free pre-roll or something lame like that for an 8th donation...cmon now, when other clubs are offering free 8ths, edibles, etc, you can do way better than that..

11. Every preroll i've ever gotten from a dispensary has been trash.

12. Yeah no kidding. At one of the places I go to, their BARE minimum hookup is 3 really fat pre-roll cones, of a mid-grade OG. No crappy pre-rolls, no shake that's basically dust in a baggie...that shit is getting old and is not a lure for people to go to a dispensary anymore....I go where I know they will treat me right and keep a returning customer. As a matter of fact I just got back from picking up a 7g 8th of top shelf, it's their month-long special..now THAT'S how I like it!

13. honestly bro you would be way better off growing or knowing somone who could grow for you... its all over priced from the shop's and they all claim compassion but when it come's down to it most are just about the skrilla

14. honestly i dont think there is anyone who owns one that is not out there for the skrilla.. to many damn costs involved for " compassion" imo

15. ^I agree with this, although I've found 2 places that really aren't, and actually take the time to treat the patient well and give some damn good specials and everything, which is why they get tons of referrals and returning patients. Most of the others are trash..

16. As compassionate as a snake.

17. what's really sad is that ive been hitting up dispensery's for the last year since i got my card and i hate to say but i got better weed off the street when i was 16 then most of the despensry's have... and it was cured and could smoke i hate buying erb from a shop and its still so moist i cant even get it to burn right... and keif that is mainly from stem's and shit ... ive been burned alot from some diff place's think im getting a good deal but really im just helping them make money....

another thing i always thought was if they where selling a patient's harvest for this cheap they must have really fucked him over and paid him in peanuts

18. In Colorado it was like that for me as well.
    A lot of shops are hit and miss...
    In between harvests I would buy herb from dispensary's before I knew other growers.
    What I did was I looked up every dispensary in town and read reviews.
    I even took the ones with negative reviews and went to all of them starting from best to last.
    I wen't to one place and they had 50 strains but were garbage...
    I call dispensary's on that shit, I let them know that their product is shitty.
    Long story short I found a hole in the wall dispensary with tons of top shelf and hard to find strains.
    I guess what I'm saying is go down a list of dispensary's until you find one that can suit a pot snob.

19. Oddly enough, I find the dispensaries who advertise the most and try to market themselves the most, have the crappiest specials, and their bud is whatever. Flipside, every hole-in-the-wall sketchy-outside looking place has ALWAYS had rare strains, REALLY potent strains, and the best specials...don't knock a place until you try it out first, you might be surprised at what they have!