Sub/Amp Question

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by m18, Nov 6, 2012.

1. For those that know their shit when it comes to sound systems does this sub match up with this amp, not sure what 2-ohm stereo, 4-ohm bridged tri-mode capable means and they will sync up to the best of the subs ability. Also is it a decent amp? any other suggestions if not that wont break the bank?

Amazon.com: Alpine SWR1243D / SWR-1243D / SWR-1243D Type-R 12 DVC Car Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Power Acoustik CPT2-600 2 Channel 600 Watt MOSFET 2-ohm Stereo, 4-ohm Bridged Tri-Mode Capable with Selectable 45Hz, 6/12dB Bass Boost: Car Electronics

2. what box and car i would always get 2

3. Idk what box yet and its a galant, wont need two this should hit hard enough for a small car. Also im trying to spend around 75$, also my friend told me that for my car I should get a 600rms amp 800 at most or it might fuck my alternator.

4. #5 smokintoke, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    yea they are pretty dope. but in truck sucks in car bass is much better you should really try and get a box that alows this
    like you know you would have to give up a little space in the back but it would sound damn fine

5. #6 High on blunts, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    If your going to spend the money to build a system an use a good sub like a type r please don't skimp on the amp. Save some more and buy a good one. Amps are just as important as the sub is. You'll be much happier if you spend the money. Just look at Rockford amps on amazon there more expensive but worth every penny.

But to answer your question no a 4ohm dvc sub can't be wired to 4ohm ohms only 2 and 8. The only way that amp would have enough power for the sub is bridged and it's 4ohm stable. So if you insist on using that amp get the 2ohm dvc and that can be wired to a 4ohm load

That amp is also underpowered it may make a 600 peak bit bridged its only 250rms and it's worse to underpowered a speaker then to overpower a speaker. Better for your amp too.

6. Ok ill keep everything you said in mind, also would I need an amp for these speakers? I was under the impression that there would be enough power in the head unit but now im not so sure.
    Amazon.com: Alpine SPS-610C 6-1/2" 2-Way Type-S Series Component Car Speakers: Car Electronics

7. #8 StickyStick, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    Alpine makes some good stuff but when it comes to subs I would go with something a bit more high quality. IMO Alpine speakers don't get worth the price till you get into the type x stuff. Check out some DC audio, Memphis, or RF. They are all pretty reasonably priced and push out some great sound.
    I'm running 2 12 inch RF P1s in a sealed box and a R250-1 amp with a JVC HU and stock door speakers and it sounds great all around. As for the battery, if you have problems just wire up another battery to power your amp/subs and throw in a capacitor and you should be good to go.

8. [quote name='"m18"']
    Ok ill keep everything you said in mind, also would I need an amp for these speakers? I was under the impression that there would be enough power in the head unit but now im not so sure.
    Amazon.com: Alpine SPS-610C 6-1/2" 2-Way Type-S Series Component Car Speakers: Car Electronics[/quote]

You wouldn't need a amp but they will sound 10 times better then without one. your deck is realistically prolly putting 20 watts rms out so they will be underpowered with like I said is terrible for speakers, however if you just dont turn them up to the point of distorting you'll be alright.