Stupid rules "to protect kids"

Discussion in 'General' started by Burrito Wizard, Jul 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Anyone else sick of hearing how places keep making these stupid rules they (they being some out of touch jerk off politicans) come up with to supposedly "protect kids" from weed?

Its total bs they come up with. Its stuff like "no bright colors on the package" or "no candy or desert edibles". I'm sorry. Did I miss something? Last time I checked there's a huge problem with obesity, but naaaahhhh adults hate candy and cookies and good tasting unhealthy shit. Oh and colors. Yeah that's right, we hate bright colors too. I purposely set my phone and computer monitor to black and white. Fuck color. Only kids like colors on stuff.

But seriously it's ridiculous. Maybe just don't let your kid get into your stash? People under 21 aren't allowed in dispensaries already, they get IDed at the door afaik. Meanwhile any kid could stroll into a liquor store and physically grab (and possibly steal) bright colored cotton candy vodka. Of which, unlike weed, could actually KILL them.

Anyway that's my rant. I just hope places start to stand up to this sort of stuff.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. i pretty much agree,

if they are going to do something like that, they should at least keep it consistent and get rid of all the flavored vodkas/beers/whiskeys/tobacco/vape products

• Like Like x 3
  3. They've done that In the UK with flavoured tobacco. I think vapes were effected too but not 100% sure. Menthol fags etc got banned couple months back though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. My kid loves girl scout cookies and cherry pie by the way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Since when did the world become a safe and loving space?? Screw that. It's an Ugly world full of razor blades and other sharp shit and the sooner children learn the truth the better off they will be as adults.
    NO unicorns do NOT crap rainbows.
    Sheesh.
    <-- Dad taught me knives, guns, explosives, flammables by the time I was 6 or 7. OMFG I survived it all. No, the world was not full of soft padded edges when I grew up. You could actually fall down and get hurt.
    I remember burning my hand on the stove when I was 3 or 4 and messing with the oven door. OUCH !!!
    Still have the scar.
    Spent summer working Uncles cattle ranch. Now there is something unsafe to have kids do. Send 10 year old kids out to wrangle 800 pounds of the worlds dumbest creatures and all you have is a semi intelligent horse between you and it. Damn but we had fun growing up.

Hell I was pinching a few of Dads Pall Mall cigs when I was 9 yrs old and taking nips of whisky with the girl next door that same yr. Kids will be kids. Was true then and I doubt anything has changed.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yup, kids should be getting hell and hand grenades, only way they will be self sufficient. Gotta pop that titty out their mouths early.

7. so children should have drugs, alcohol, tobacco, guns, and get a job by 10?

fyi lots of kids burn them selves on hot shit.

o_O

lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Of course they burn themselves on hot shit they dont know better yet. The point is to show children how the world works so they arent "offended" by it when they grow up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's inattentive parents. That's why there's no micro machines, lincoln logs, and why you can only order lego buckets off the internet and not buy them in the stores.
    Some parents couldn't be bothered to be parents when little timmy and jimmy thought just because it's small and mouth sized, it goes in there.
    Also I thought this was about youtube at first because they get worse every year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I agree. 100%

I DONT think that saying " have drugs, alcohol, tobacco, guns, and get a job by 10?"

is the same as "offended"

i'm not sure i worded that correctly

11. No because they dont know better and wont know better for awhile, but they should understand how life works. You need a job, manage money, your not gonna get everything you want, taxes, humans are horrible creatures, it will work out in the end sorta shit so when they realize splash mountain is based on a movie only europe and japan i think got to see because the guy who made it said yeah thats kinda fucked up better vault this in America you dont change the ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Exactly. Stop sheltering them so much.
    In Germany you can buy a beer as soon as your tall enough to lay the money on the bar.
    Uncle taught me to shoot at age 6. Might have been just 5. It's a little fuzzy. Older cousins always had tobacco, Moonshine and weed and got the younger kids stoned-drunk-sick sure as can be. You really think that will ever change ?

My White Privilege got lost along the way and if I wanted something I got off my ass. Grabbed a trowel and headed down the block knocking on doors. "Pull your weeds for a quarter Mr. ?"
    Damn right 10 yr olds should work. There is NO free Lunch despite what you may have been told.
    All them pulled weeds and mowed lawns paid for that that first mini bike and that got traded for that first Honda mtrcycle and that got traded for the 1960 ford galaxy and that was swapped for the 1963 mercury and then we took over the world.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I agree.
    I REALLY dont think you need to give kids alcohol, drugs, and guns for this to be true.

A little pellet or BB gun can be a wonderful tool to teach a young one. for sure!

i'm definitely not getting into any of that..

I agree, cutting lawns and pulling some weeds delivering papers is a good way for kids to learn how to earn a dollar.

"shipping them to a farm to get drunk, high, and wrangle 800lbs of stupid animals" is slightly different/stupid itself. was the point.

Mini bike to the whole world.
    good job.

14. Looking back it was cheap summer labor for my Uncle as all the relative's sent youngsters up as soon as school let out. The 8 yr old kids got to hand feed 200 lb yearlings with grain and near newborns with milk buckets with nipples on them. Still a stupid critter could knock you down and really put a bruise on you so you learned early how to work around them.

The older Kids 14-18 would play grabass with one of the 2 Bulls he kept. Damn dangerous stuff as he was 1200 lbs of pissed off bastard. Cut through his corner of the pasture and he'd charge you sure as anything.

Good learning experience. We all knew how to drive the tractors. Take the truck into town for parts. Change a clutch in the mower. Saddle a horse. Rope a steer. Get a cow moving. LOL Boys and girls alike. Everybody worked. Uncle kept jobs rotating so you learned it all eventually.

I knew where the Moonshine came from as I was friendly with the old coot who lived down the road. Sat on his front porch day after day with his jug at his feet. Friendly enough but a bit hard to make sense of at times.. LOL
    Likely one of the older Cousins had traded one of our Aunts Pies for a pint of shine. She kept a chest freezer half full of ready to go home made pies. Pull one out, defrost and pop it in the oven.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. #15 old shol4evr, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    delete

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Because thats how the world works.

18. My son is ten and every weekend he goes to his grandparents ranch and works with his grandpa feeding all the cows,goats, chickens and whatever else they need to do. He works sat and Sunday and gets $5 when he finishes Sunday, and hell yea I go up their and I’ve tought my son how to shoot anything from at-15s to 22 rifles. hell I trust him with a gun more than a lot of adults I know! I’m with you 100 percent in this one

19. how many beers, joints, cigarettes, whiskey shots, and girls is he slaying while hes there though?

20. Him none lol well a sip of a beer , me on the other hand tho lol

• Like Like x 2