Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stupid Questions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bigsizzle, Apr 8, 2009.

1. #1 bigsizzle, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    All these people are on here posting questions about if this is wrong with me will i be able to get a mmj card. if you live in cali and you go to a docter that advertises for mmj cards then he's theres a 99% chance that the docters gonna give it to you no matter whats wrong with with you. So dont trip and go get that shit:smoking:

2. if people abuse the system it's less likely to be adopted elsewhere.

3. True, but on the same account, someone could take the number of MMJ patients in Cali and say "Look how many patients we are helping in Cali with MMJ." Works both ways, fortunately.

4. No, it doesn't. One of the big arguments I hear from opponents of MMJ laws is how badly people are abusing the system where it exists. We're trying to get legislation passed here in PA and speaking with my local rep that's exactly the argument I got.

Gaming the system by getting a recommendation when you don't really have a medical need just hurts the chances for those of us in States yet to pass an MMJ law. It's also dishonest and unethical.

5. yea I can only hope people will not abuse the system into submission. I wish we had mmj in my state it is the only thing that will relieve my nausea, for the first time in a long long long time I was able to eat until I was full instead of until I got to the most tolerable level of nausea.

6. The people lying to get cards or doctor shopping don't give a shit about your or my own or anyone elses needs; they are just selfish bastards who want to get stoned and don't care that they are hurting other people in the process.

7. #7 rob11101, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    sad but true.

Im not going to lie the first few times I smoked was to get high, thats when I discovered how well it worked for my condition. It was amazing I didn't even need to smoke hardly any at all for it to relieve my symptoms (I didn't even feel high after building up my tolerance). Don't get me wrong I still to smoke out with friends to get high but for the rest of my life I will have a little bit of MJ in reserve just for medicinal purposes legal or otherwise. You know the funny thing is that a months worth of mmj is less than a quarter of the price I pay in co-pay for a months worth of the prescription medication... guess thats why we don't have mmj everywhere yet.

moral of the story please don't abuse the system. It will eventually collapse and just make it even harder to get weed legalized, and people really need this stuff as a medication to have any quality of life, thankfully my condition is not that severe as of yet and hopefullly never will. If I could have a normal digestive system and never have to smoke again even for recreational purposes, I would. Think about how much that means to someone...

8. I totally agree with the last few posts. Lame of the op to even say this shit. But BUT, (and hear me out)
    dont you think the anti marijuana ppl using "abuse of the system" to not continue it is a bit of a scapegoat. I mean people abuse the pharmaceutical industry all the time and they arent even thinking about pulling it back or making it harder to get sleeping/anxiety pills. Im just sayin..

9. I know what your saying and I agree completely people do abuse prescription drugs a lot hell they abuse legal drugs a lot. The only difference is when you abuse a prescription drug like pain killers for example, the pharmaceutical company makes a sale. Not the same with mmj, just too many people growing their own or buying from entrepreneurs with a license to grow. And this is cannabis we are talking about the laws that are the definition of hypocrisy. I agree with you completely but the general public is dumb and the government is corrupt :(