Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stupid Question, sorry for sounding like an idiot.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Skaterpatb7, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Hey guys. I'm pretty new to smoking weed, well ive done it about 15 times so far. If that's "new". Anyways, I usually smoke with my friend down the street and we use his glass bowl. On the bowl, there is a side hole (I'm pretty sure it's called a carb) and I know how to hold is and use it, and understand that you can get "bigger hits" off of it. But, I don't fully understand how it works? I'm planning to make a homemade water bong, and whether or not to put a carb in it. Knowing how it gives you bigger hits would help me. Thanks!

2. the carb allows for oxygen to get behind all the built up smoke in your piece and shotgun it into your lungs.

3. well, think about it, you put your finger on the hole and fill the chamber, when you take your finger off the carb youre filling that chamber with air which pushes all the smoke into your lungs

4. Ahhhh. I see now. Now I kind of feel like an idiot. Haha, thanks for informing me.

5. This. Clears the pipe of smoke :smoke:

6. when you cover the carb, you let the air flow only directly from to bowl to your mouth which draws the smoke into your mouth. After you hit the cherry, you take your hand off the carb and that lets fresh air to push the smoke into your lungs. Basically you hold the carb when you light up your green, after you take big hit, you take the finger off the carb to clear the hit