Stupid PH question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by K1n0, Aug 1, 2011.

1. First fox farms states you should use big bloom in conjunction with tiger bloom.

Does this mean to mix them together in a one gallon jug or be separate one gallon jugs but used together.

Anyways, I mixed 2 tsp tiger bloom with big bloom 1 tbl per fox farms soil schedule. My question is I can't get a proper pH reading when I add the ph up it seems no matter how much ph up I add it still stays at 6.5ish.

Anyone?

2. Mix the correct amount in a your watering container then PH balance that.

3. What are you using to PH balance. I use FF Farms Nute trio and have no issues balancing it. Might be your reader. 6.5 is fine

4. Im using the general hydroponics ph tester kit where you drop 3 drops in a vial half full with the solution and the color changes green for 7.0, and yellow for 6.0 etc.. Normally my pH tester turns to the correct color after I add pH up or pH down but for some reason when I mix grow big with tiger bloom I can't get a proper reading, im not sure if its because I'm adding the two fertilizers together or if I should separate them.

5. Usually when I mix the two I get a reading of like 4.5 or something and I just use PH up till i hit what I want. My water in Atlanta out of the tap is around 8.0

6. thats exactly the reading I got at first was 4.5 then I used pH up till i got a reading of about 6.0 - 6.5, but no matter how much ph up I add it doesn't seem to ever go up past those numbers, I just was wondering if my water solution is just to cloudy to determin this, or if Its not recommended to add tiger bloom with big bloom in the same jug.