Stupid people and religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Jordan21, Oct 5, 2010.

1. So i was talking witg a friend and he was sayin how hes half jewish and half christian? He was dead serious to. All i could think was "are you fucking retarted?" but i was like " how are you half?" he said " my moms jewish and my dads christian" and i said "so?" he said "that makes me half jewish and half chrstian" i said " you cant inherit a choice made by your parents, you cant think jesus was the savior and believe he was not the savior haha your a dumbass" he said "well i am half jewish and christian" i said " thats like saying, oh well my mom was a blonde but she died her hair red so i have red hair in my jeans" and he said " thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard, thats nothin like it at all" i said "think about it religion is a CHOICE you cant be half and half on that" he did and he still says hes half and half so i just laughed at how dumb he was and walked away. Sorry its not the most interesting conversation but its stupid people like that, that shouldnt be aloud to reproduce haha.

2. it was likely the Jewish side that taught him that shit....
    as they are a race and not just a religion.....
    and sense that is just how it is for them....they think of other religions as being similar....

dont blame the kid.....he only knows what they told him....doesnt sound like he has tried or is old enough or possibly doesnt care enough to look into it farther for himself....

and btw- i could be wrong...cus i dont know much bout jews other then the husidics(sp?) up here....
    and um.....they wont marry anyone who is not "one of them" it is against the rules!!! and bad shit will happen!!!lmao!

so ...tthe dad can be "that jewish" or mom would have had to "convert" before they married....

yes i know it is all a big mess....

but they made it for themselves....and their kids will have to figure it out for themselves eventually....or do like their parents and just follow and do as they are told...

3. I am completely lost.

What do they teach in English class these days?

4. lmao!!!

he said....

a friend of his told him that he was ....
    half christian and half jew.....

as if there is such a thing.....

the kid said this because his dad is jew and his mom is Christian....

it sounds to me like alot of people both in and around this story are confused....

just my opinion...

btw- i failed the hell out of english class!

5. IQ Gap Between Atheist Liberals and Religious Conservatives

:bongin:

6. Lol is this guy serious?

Personally i think atheists are 'smarter' in general because they are more open minded and absorb almost all information and compare it to what they know. If it doesn't add up, they figure out what the problem is.

Oh, notice how i said "in general"

Edit: I don't actually think many people set out to have kids...

7. Lmao, I would just call him a Jewish Christian from now on. Perhaps he has jew in him, and hes a Christian? Not enough details on this story.

8. I'm a Jewish Atheist. :p

9. Power to ya :)

10. That's ignorance of race and religion. Some don't realize Jews are a race and religion. He probably got mixed up and thought it was the same with both because you can be Jewish but not a jew

11. By jewish law if your mother is jewish then your fully jewish. if hes not into judaism tho then he could just be taking into account the tradition of both sides. theres alot of culture that goes along with being jewish, as well as diseases you can get that no one else can get. theres also not many jews left in this world and he knows we need as many as we can get.
    Or he could be aethiest and just tell people that because its out of the ordinary for him not to be religious. or if he actually is jewish maybe he doesn't want to be persecuted. i remember after Borat came out it was like pre world war 2 nazi germany.

12. okay you are ignorant , Jews do not veiw there faith the way we do , its a way of life for them they are raised to be jewish , this Jew is also christian because he believes in jesus

they didnt create juadism on the grounds that "if you dont believe in jesus your a jew"

know what the fuck your talking about before you get on here and spew a bunch of ignorant bullshit out on the web

13. There is no such thing as a Jewish "race", but there are various ethnic and cultural Jewish groups such as the Sephardic and Ashkenazic.

While many Jews do share common distant ancestry that most do not have, this is not a separate racial category.

Like other relgions, a person from any race can join the Jewish religion, but unlike Christianity and Islam, Judaism does not activly seek to convert those whose do not have a heritage of this religion. If someone desires to convert to Judaism, it's usually possible to do so.

14. :rolleyes: Would you be happier if we called it a culture then. Because I'm definitely Jewish and not practicing Jew.

15. exactly. but also there are genetic differences.

16. Lol. The title is "Stupid people and religion" but the post is so full of grammatical errors it's almost eligible. Fascinating.