Stupid Me

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Mad_Vapper, Jun 11, 2014.

1. #1 Mad_Vapper, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    what is the max temp before most plants will start stressing?

Personally I like to keep my canopy below 85. Anything above that I'll raise the light.

If temps get too hot, plants use excessive amounts of water that they would normally transpire. When transpiration stops the plant's temperature increases and you'll have problems. 

Got a link to the cabinet by any chance? I can comment on the temps but I honestly know nothing about LED. I did a little searching around and answers vary about the importance of wattage per square foot versus wattage per plant. 

3. #3 Mad_Vapper, Jun 11, 2014
    what do the plants look like when they are not transpiring normally?

4. Wow it has six exhaust fans?! And they don't seem to be doing anything if you're still running into the high 90's with 70 ambient...

Is it a passive intake or forced? If I force intake my temps actually rise. 

5. #5 Mad_Vapper, Jun 11, 2014
    well as it turns out they mounted the fans the wrong way  monitoring temps now

6. Under the "Specs" tab on the link you sent. 

(6) "Whisper Quiet" Exhaust Fans

7. So any update on those temps or exhaust fans? Did you not get what you were supposed to?

8. yeah I got what I was supposed to just wish the fans were mounted correctly it was a PITA turning them around the temp got up to 92 last night I would like it to be cooler but dont know what else I can do i will keep monitoring it