Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stunting Growth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Metropolis, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Okay...so I was reading this Documentary against the use of Cannabis.
    Now, the author has said that her son stopped growing during the use of Pot.
    Know I'm almost 99% sure that Cannabis can do this.
    But I would like to know what you think or heard.

This sounds like a Myth to me.

2. considering i started smoking wehn i was 11 and smoked almost all day every day from 13-18 and i'm 5'11 no lol..

heres the best documentary to show your mom

The Union

3. To show who's mom?
    This was on the Internet?
    For an anti-cannabis campaign.

4. When I started smoking, I was 14 so I was around 5'6. I am now 6'3. My friend started when he was 10, so he had to be under 5' at that time, and he is now 6 feet, so I would not think that weed stunts growth. I mean maybe if you do it lab-rat style and inject 100 times the threshold dose, something bad will happen, but as long as you don't overdo it and smoke a million times a day it should be fine.

5. Yea, it sounded like total bullshit to me.
    I'm 6'1 and have been smoking since I was 16.
    I was about 5'6-5'7.
    I just wanted to see if anyone had heard stuff like this.

6. When I get too high my dick stops growing... that's what his mom was talking about, I told her don't worry about it.

7. That's complete bullshit. It doesn't stop you growing, it doesn't deteriorate your muscles and it doesn't make you stupid.

8. Uneducated people will believe anything, and that's why it says that in the documentary.

9. soo if thats true..her son must look like a midget?

got any pics of the family?haha

10. I wish.
    Just the story she put out.
    I want to see this dwarf too lol.

11. Wow i sure hoped this chart was spread around more

[​IMG]

Do you see where it says "Bone stimulant"

it's actually good for your bones.

12. +rep on the pic

13. I heard that it stops a young person from growing mentally. Don't know any sources and don't want to look but yeah.

If you had a kid would you let them smoke at 10?

Why and why not?

14. That's cigarettes and caffiene.

15. if anything it booted mine from when i was from like 14 to 16 i grew like 4 inches or something crazy like that, and i before i was smoking they were saying i was gonna be small.

16. Cool.
    New theory everyone!
    Pot makes you taller..
    Tell your friends lol.

17. #17 chruschef, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
    are you kidding me? i've been smoking on and off since i was fourteen or so, and at that age i was 5'6".. i'm 6'3" now.

edit: this one of those correlation/causation things. correlation doesn't prove causation, just because he was smoking pot doesn't mean it's the ganja's fault. how tall is the mother? how tall is the father? how tall are their grandparents? does he eat a healthy diet? lots of protein? get enough sleep at night? does he get proper exercise? these things would have had a more significant impact on the growth of her child.

18. There is absolutely no basis for that claim. I know plenty of stoners that work out and shit, none of them have stunted growth, thats for sure.

19. I only grew like 3 inches since I started. I blame weed not genetics for me only being 5 9. I was in a gas station looking at bowls a couple months ago and this old head came up to me and said " that shit will stunt your growth look at me" he was like 5 foot nothing.

20. So..some hippy in a gas station is your scientific basis that weed stunts growth? You shoulda ate your damn vegetables!