stunted seedlings..

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Madock, Feb 16, 2010.

1. your fine man this is normal. once a seed sprouts it going begin establishing a root mass which in return slows growth above the ground. after about a week of establishing roots it will then pick up growth rates and be back on track. just be patient man you should be just fine:) gl

2. pweh.. thanks man I should sleep a little sounder tonight ha.
    When do you think I should transplant?? I can see one root coming out the bottom of my tallest. I'm just not to sure about my 2 cfls, if they are enough for my poor guys, I don't want them to stretch looking for something they ant gonna find :p

3. you should be good to transplant when they are 2 weeks from seed. the 2 cfls will do for now but around when you transplant you should look into adding more cfls. rule of thimb is 100w (actual wattage not incadesent equivelent) per plant and an additional 50w for any plants there after. gl:)

4. hmm.. okay, I'm not sure if you checked out my thumbs in my link but I am using a 400w HPS for veg/flower in my larger cab.. with 6 plants and you rule that means I am 200 watts short, but I've been told from other sources that my light is more than enough ??

5. sorry bud i didnt look at the pics. yes you should be fine with the hid lighting i thought you were growing with all cfls lol. that 100w per plant rule just pertains to cfls.

6. hahaha ya thats why I wanna transplant them, I don't have to much faith in the cfls...

7. cfls can get the job done pretty well as long as there is enough of em. my first grow was with a 150w hps and 8 additional cfls and i yeilded almost 7oz dry. but i know what ya mean im always eager to get my sprouts away from the cfls and under the HID's:D:)

8. How many plants did you have under those babies?

9. okay last night before i went to bed and before I went to work this morning I noticed one of my plants stems were really small in some spot and it was really weak, anyway I got home today and it was fallen over with the bottom half still pointed up so strong break eh?
    anyway I tried to tie it up and it broke off, so I'm wondering why this is happenin and the stems are pretty purple