Stunted growth yellow plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Slayer816, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Hi folks Im growing in Fox Farms Ocean Forest no nutes. I am growing 8 miles high seeds. my plants are 3 weeks from seed with very slow growth. My last watering I was pouring 6.4 water into the  plants and getting a run off of 5.3 . I soil dressed with some agricultral lime. My question is should I PH up my water till I get a run of of 6.3 or should I keep using water that is at a 6.3 ph.

Thank you

2. I'd be more concerned about the yellow leaves ...stunted growth, than the Ph'ing of my water, you got to get your prioritizes right.

Canna can easily handle a Ph of 6.3, so how do your get an accurate reading in soil? ........answer, You Cannot!

Why Oh Why you didn't mix in any sand or perlite to dilute that FFOF is beyond any normal comprehension...you gotta follow posts on here as many growers are dumber than you, the answers, are in the posts

3. Great reply vostok...coming from the self proclaimed horiculturist that claims you can never have too much light and thinks chloramine evaporates. Why even bother answering if your only aim is to be a jerkoff? Maybe you shoukd stick to spell checking and molesting the neighbors dog.

4. #5 }-MaDCoW-{, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    Water with ph 6.8 water until runoff is between 6.3 and 6.8 and go from there. Also more info would help.Sent from my NSA recording device.

5. Yellow plants and stunted growth to me sounds like your way too concerned with gettin your ph right and by doing so you are drowning your plants. I don't know how often your watering but a ph between 6 and 7 really workable so don't try to make huge changes at once and I don't do it with the water like that add something to the soil and water with a 6.2 ish ph. If your constantly flushing with water to change ph your doing more damage than good. Ph is not as crucial with soil. Just my two cents good luck man.

Chloramine does evaporate, albeit slowly. Cannabis cannot receive too much "light." Well, that depends on what you mean by "light" since that's such an ambiguous word. Plants protect themselves from photoinhibition (Reactive oxygen species oxidizing chlorophyll molecules) with feedback de-excitation. I'll save you the convoluted details but feedback de-excitation prevents photoinhibition by releasing received light beyond the photosyntheic capacity as thermal energy. There is a point where too much light overcomes feedback de-excitation but I doubt it's within any feasible range for a grower.

7. Chloramine doesn't evaporate off like chlorine does...shoukd be filtered out or you can add vitamin C to rid the source of chloramine.

All too often you see young plants with ridiculous amounts of light forced down their throats causing bleaching and other growth problems. Simply telling new growers to throw as much light as they can at their plants is a mistake, IMO.

8. #9 bananamber, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013

Ah, I see where you're getting at. Photobleaching is caused by too much UV light. Chlorophyll can absorb 350nm light (Inefficiently) but when too much is absorbed, it causes chlorophyll to irreversibly break down.

But yes, that I agree with, inexperienced growers don't usually know enough about their lights to know when too much UV is too much.

And yes, once again, chloramine does evaporate. If you boil chloramine-containing water for 53.2 hours, you will have evaporated 100% of the chloramine... And 100% of the water if not done in a very large batch. But I see where you're coming from. For all intents and purposes it doesn't evaporate since who's gonna front the electricity/gas bill to boil a few gallons of tap water for over 2 days straight.

9. Should have clarified.... chloramine is not going to evaporate out by following the same method as chlorine, where simply leaving the lid off the bucket will suffice. Those with chloramine in their water (which seems to be more and mlre popular with municipal water) will have to go another route.