Stunted growth , need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iiMBLiiTz3D, Jan 17, 2021.

1. So I've not long transplanted my 2x White window seeds.

But they were in small 1ltr pots for about 2-3 weeks which I didn't intend on happening.

They just have not grown in the last 7+ days I would say. And it doesn't look like new life is going to burst anytime soon.
    I know I have to be patient aha!

I watered first time yesterday with small amount of nutes. Didn't even effect the E.C it was that miniscule amount.

I'm still using normal tap water which my runoff is around 8.5pH.

How can I speed up the recovery process?

Should I let them throve for water and let them dry out for several days so they really need the water?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 20210117_041456.jpg 20210117_041449.jpg Image (3).jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Soil? Ur ph range is 6.2/6.5

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. 8.5 runoff you said? I would bet your tap water is full of Chlorine and/or similar.
    I would go with root shock for the diagnosis, even if they're trying do eat, they won't at 8.5 , I think you'll need a lower PH flush maybe.
    Also, if you use tap water with no filter, you need to leave the water from 24 to 48 hours in the deposit and move it a bit so Chlorine and similar evaporates, that will not only take a bit down by itself the PH of that water, but it will also to give that sht to your plants.
    Also about letting them dry, I would say no, if you let them dry with that PH, they will most likely be very injured, also there's no evidence that plants get any benefit from drying their pots, but they get stressed and stop growing, even maybe anticipating floration if way to dry.
    The only reason to let them dry I see is transplant. Or if you overeatered and need to fix it.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

4. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I agree with everything agent 69 said!! Slurry us more accurate

6. I'm using coco and perlite

7. Okay,

I will use a low pH flush today.

About 5 pH okay?

I'm using coco and perlite.

I think they did get a bit shocked from before I transplanted.

So ill do a low pH flush today and get the runoff right down.

In terms of watering and leaving the water to sit for 24 hours.

I will also do that but I only have 2x 12l buckets.

So I can leave one full and put something over the top of it?

Cheers

8. Get a few gallons of bottles drinking water and use that. Get your ph under control its keeping your lil lady from uptaking nutes. That tap water is evil....

9. I've dabbled into the bottled water before. Not woth this grow though,

I mean we get 1 gallon spring water bottles.

I've not come across any RO bottled water.

The pH of the spring water is usually around 7pH

What would I go for?

10. #10 Notme., Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    I wouldn't go for less than 5.5 even if it take more water, is already on the limit.
    If you're using organic, or minerals with some organic, I would recommend using a good Bacteria called Trichoderma, you have branded ones, like Advanced Nutrients brand, and some generic.
    Is a bacteria that help the roots to assimilate more nutrients and be more resistant to PH problems, and make them also eat more, also help the plants to resist pest and illness.
    Give it a though.

What Is Trichoderma And How To Use Growing Cannabis Plants? - Humboldt Seeds

Also, whasing roots and change to a new start from scratch,new soil, could help but I would leave it for last option.
    I hope your plants get better soon.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

11. Okay I will get it down to around 5.5 no less.

I am using professional plus coco mix with perlite. About 35%

I have grow, micro and bloom advanced nutrients as well as great white mycorrhizae.

I'll have them drink pH water for few days and then feed her 1/4 strength nutes, maybe less when I see them recover...