Stunted 1 month old plants, Yellow at tips, new growth yellow, some ram horn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SauceDaddy, Dec 9, 2014.

1. #1 SauceDaddy, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
    What type of medium

Soil
    What brand and type of soil?

ITG's Easy Organic Mix. It sat for at least 5 months or more from my last grow though (it's recycled)....

EWC
        Espoma Tomato Tone
        Espoma Lime
        Espoma Kelp Meal
        Perlite
        Azomite
        Peat Moss
    Indoors
    What strain?

Auto is Candy Kush

Pic 1: Fruit Punch

Pic2: Fruit Punch

Pic 3: Fruit Punch

Pic 4: Fruit Punch

Pic 5: Deep Cheese
    How old are the plants?

apx. 30 Days
    What type of lights and how many watts?

4ft 8 Light T5 fluorescent I believe its 550-600w or so
    How far from the lights?

About 5 or more inches. It's not hot with the hand test, temps don't break 83 and stay around high 70's
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?

I water when dry with pot/finger check. I just transplanted from smallll pots to the 7 gals a couple days ago.

I use tap water.
    What, how much and when was it fed?

No feeding, organic
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?

Don't check pH...that's why I went organic
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?

High:

Low:

Hum High:

Hum Low:
    What size pots?

7 Gal
    Any bugs? Look real close.

Almost positive not
    Any other pertinent info?

Soil is recycled and sat for a good 4 months at least

Anything else just ask

Attached Files:

2. Those pots are too big for the plants.  They are probably too wet most of the time as they are unable to absorb the moisture from the soil.  They don't have enough of a root system to do so.  It's too late this time, but stage to pot sizes next time.  You might have to wait as long as two weeks between waterings until they fill their pots.

3. #3 ludachris420, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
    Even with organic you still need to check ph... looks like to big a pot and you are getting stunted growth by over watering, and nute burn..just my thoughts.. water Less and flush..unless it is a one of a kind strain I would chunk it..you could get another clone or seedlings to grow much faster then trying to recover this one..

4. Really?

Was just put into big pot two days ago, ok it may be too big but you really think it's over watering from being in the big pot doing all this?

They were like this before the transplant.

I'm telling you I don't think I was over watering it when it was in the small pot, I would have guessed under water if anything.

Nute burn I can see maybe, maybe the soil is too hot?

You really think I can start all new seeds and grow them bigger and finish faster and better than these 3 I have now?

5. You can save the plant yes.. but the plants been stunted from the start it seams.it happens even when everything goes right. Everything that happens in veg will reflect in bloom.. I am not saying you can not get a successful crop,I am not even saying you will get a bad yield,but whatever it is would of been that much better..sounds like you want to save the plant..do it.. flush .wait a week or two and the plant should pick back up.

6. Why are you posting here if you are growing in hand crafted organic soil?

Come home if you want real advice appropriate to your grow medium...

If you're using recycled soil that's been sitting for 5 months, it's most likely biologically inactive.  Low biologic activity means poor nutrient cycling/availability.  Hit it with a compost tea made with quality EWC.

Are you suggesting I should post in organics forum :D

Haha, I guess you're right about that. Thanks for the advice. I knew I should have done something with the soil. I'm going to make a new post in organics and figure out how I can whip a new/better batch and fix this one.

For now will keep these plants going, but may restart. If  I have to restart I'll be super bummed, but it will be worth it in the end I guess.

No need to restart.  We'll get you back on track. 

See you there...

9. Amen. :)