Stunned neighbour watches police raid next door

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by Vee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. 009.jpg
    (Credit KiwiKev)
    A neighbour of a Christchurch(New Zealand) property that was raided in a drugs bust today said he had "no idea" cannabis was being grown next door.
    The police confirmed they had raided five houses so far to uncover cannabis operations as part of a large-scale probe in Christchurch.
    The campaign against organised crime included search warrants on at least one house on Kellys Road in Mairehau, at about 11.30am.
    Detective Senior Sergeant Joel Syme said large amounts of cash and other assets had been seized, and several big cannabis cultivations had been found.
    He said a series of search warrants were being carried out across the city in a clampdown on organised crime.
    The public could expect to see a police presence for the rest of the day as the operation continued, he said.
    A neighbour to one of the properties searched said he noticed multiple police vehicles on his street about 8am, which he said was "unusual" for the area.
    He had no idea what was going on until the police started pulling out of the house what looked like cannabis growing equipment, including air vents and a large number of fertiliser containers.
    He had no idea that a drug operation was going on across the road.

"Honestly, I had no idea," he said.
    "During the lockdown, if I saw my neighbour, I would wave and say hi...you just have no idea what is happening across the road."

The cannabis raids came as New Zealanders are currently asked to vote, whether they support the legalisation of recreational cannabis.
    The proposed bill would restrict the supply of cannabis, including how much a person could buy, how old they had to be, where they could buy it from, how much they could grow themselves.

2. Cant rememebr where but just after the prime minister said she smoked the cheebah, I read that a very large % of New Zealanders have or do smoke weed. Like over double america and Australia, wish I had the article to site stats.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Of course you have no idea...because they're just normal people...evidently don't know how to keep their mouths as stealthy as the rest of the operation was.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. It sounds like it could be a crime report in America in about the 1980s.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I remember watching my neighbors get raided twice. Full swat team too and they never found a damn thing too.

But seems to me this is an attempt to get in one last bust or two because it is likely people down there are voting to legalize and the police will no longer be able to do such things like this anymore.

6. Raided a home here because a cop "happened" to see someone shop at a hydroponics store. They actually went through their garbage and found a "green leafy substance". That turned out to be tea leaves. The hydroponics were actually basement tomatoes. The guy was a school principle and his wife was a lawyer who sued the city's ass big time and won.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Thankfully when I was putting mine in the greenhouse the neighbor was doing the same thing next door. :D

They don't pay my electric bill so they don't know about the rest. :p

Hard to hide a large commercial grow in houses these days. I've had a few... you are using X amount of electricity over your neighbors with similar size houses. "Try automatic thermostats..." :toke:

What's a banana to do...? :smoking-banana:

9. I think they made it illegal just to seize all that cash , like who is this plant killing ?
    Meth guy across steeet says haha they got the weed house but he’s Scott free …
    Send in the gestapo clean it up …. They hunt weed not jews ..