Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Studying while high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gashadokuro, May 5, 2011.

1. I was talking to a friend at work the other day about smoking and at one point i said "Yeah because i was studying and smoking last night----" and he cut me off there saying "Wait, u study while smoking? how?" but it's mainly because i can focus better and grasp the concepts better. Can u smoke and study, yes/no?

btw i'm self-studying for my cisco certifcations. right now just going for ccent, ccna. later down the road ccna security and possibly CCDA. Either way i've been doing very well in my studying even though i only started up again from the beginning a couple of weeks ago. just learned decimal to binary math :D

2. Many guys with ADD/ADHD find that studying is easier when they have had a few puffs. (Click that first link in my sig for the info- the one about driving is actually kind of funny! :D)

I found cannabis helped with writing assignments, but not math. My creative writing teacher said she saved my work for "dessert"- I had such "novel takes" on tired old subjects! To tell the truth, I just got ripped and wrote [​IMG] , letting the ideas flow, but cleaned up the grammar and spelling later, when I was sober.

History dates were hard, but getting the idea of what happened was easy. My study pattern was to first skim through the chapter and look at any pictures. Get stoned :smoke: and re-read while taking lots of notes. Then later, go back and re-read again while sober with my stoned notes. My "stoned mind" often sees interesting relationships that my "sober mind" might miss!

Granny :wave:

3. i agree with storm crow ^ but i usually only study the night before tests so i try not to do it stoned...but like he said if you study stoned and take notes, then go back to it you should be good.

but pot def messes with your short term memory, so i doubt trying to cram the night before would be successful while stoned. and im a big crammer always studying last minute due to procrastination...soo..idk its not for me.

4. Im the same way, huge procrastinator. I always end up studying like the night before so I definately cant do it stoned or I would never remember what I studied lol. But I have done some studying, like taking notes, or writing papers, stoned, and went back over them later and they were awesome lol

5. Studying high or buzz can be effective, but studying stoned is ineffective too lazy.

6. i cant concentrate when im high id rather just play some xbox or jam to tunes lol...atleast anatomy physiology II is not fun high.

7. You COULD do it... it would be a waste of weed if you ask me.

Weed doesn't make you super smart, idk who the hell started that rumor.

Honestly smoking and studying, or doing any kind of school work, sounds miserable.

8. I'm in grad school and smoke daily, while holding down a full-time job. It can be done. You've just got to find what works for you, if at all.

9. I can't do it at all. Most of the time when I smoke I want to watch movies/tv or just go out and play around.

10. Most people who balance weed and school do the smoking after they're done studying.

Just sayin.

11. Study high, get high scores...

12. Simultaneously works fine for me.

Just sayin.

13. Sure it could be done, doesn't change the fact that its a waste of weed.

I could drink and study too, that doesn't make it a good idea.

14. It's only a waste according to you.

Studying and smoking works fine for me.

"Just sayin."

15. Acquire adderall, save pot for later date.

16. I love blazing and studying. Whenever I have some school work to get done I pack a bowl and take a hit about every 15 minutes. This gets me really focused on getting my work done as I'm not stoned or too high to not do it, lol.

17. Taking 12 shots of vodka and studying "works fine" for me too.

Just because I passed means it was a good idea right?

Just sayin.

18. It's hard to really give a definite answer since what I have been smoking all semester has been known to have some couch-locking qualities. I definitely am more interested in the concepts and feel as though I can obtain a better understanding of concepts, however; when it comes to doing an assignment I am definitely less productive than I would be otherwise. Again, this could be the strain I smoke, so it would be interesting to see how I would do with something that is more sativa dominant. I guess that won't happen though, as I am done with school forever!

19. thats not even a fair comparison...being high & being drunk two different feeling

20. Hey, whatever floats your boat, kiddo. Who am I to judge? What works for one, might not for another. There's no right or wrong here.