Studying Philosophy, High

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HerbsX, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Bad idea. I've been on page 192 of The Republic for 15 minutes. These dialogues are ridiculous. I'm suppose to contrast this work to the Communist Manifesto in 750 words.

Lesson of the Day: Weed doesn't make studying easier/more fun.

2. I personally think doing Math is much more fun. Though, I end up drawing and making shit up for half my answers, when I actually do them it's so much more satisfying. And it's kind of like an adventure figuring it out.

3. Lol, kinda true. Its really good if you're reading something that you're already into when you're sober. I remember I used to be in this science fiction class my senior year, and I would read short stories on the train on my way home. I got sooo into the story, and they were always better when I was high.

Damn, I wish I had time to just smoke and read...:(

4. Read the philosophy while stoned, write about it while tripping.

5. I cant really relate. I love doing intellectual activities stoned! I have some philosophy books that i enjoy reading, I write short stories, draw and paint, write poems... hippie shit. :smoke:

but yeah, ACTUALLY studying for a "class" or test probably wouldnt be as much fun... Hey, good luck!

6. Normally I would enjoy the work like you would have in your science fiction class, but I have to use textual evidence from obnoxiously-long works, so I can't really bullshit my paper. If I didn't have to use textual evidence, this would have been done in like 15 minutes.

To make things worse, random images/past events keep on popping up in my head when I read. Like I could read something about a "Guardian", and instead of picturing what I'm suppose to picture in regards to what I'm reading, I picture a boss-like monster one would witness in a video game. In short, I'm going to write a crappy essay, and I'm going to spend all night doing it.

7. Thanks you, sir.

8. I got an entire philosophy degree stoned as shit over the course of about 4-5 years, w/ a history major too. I am the master of stoned reading.

Also, I'll write your paper for $50 via paypal.

9. Haha, how the hell do you read stoned?

I wish I made this thread earlier, It's due tomorrow. I also don't want like 5 hours of reading to go to waste. We'll be in touch though, haha.

10. if you study high, and take your tests high, you'll get high scores
    :smoke:

11. The readings shudnt be done high, but when ur prof is giving a lecture by all means go for it. my philosophy professor came in high every day with glazed eyes and told us how his kids only got thru high school cuz of weed!!! He even let one kid roll a joint on the table, i shit u not... I was looking like WTFFFFFF!!!!

12. Eyyy :hello:

hahaha.

13. Yeah, people who study philosophy usually have a unique persona, therefore they do such things. This, for the most part, is a good thing, because normal people, the majority of the world really, get boring really quick. On the other hand, unique isn't always a good thing. They can be the pompous - I'm friggin' smarter than you'll ever be kind of person (a dick) type.

14. Sorry about that pompousness herb.

15. Were you pompous? Haha, what's going on

16. Oh, maybe not in this thread, but just generally in life.

17. Well according to Socrates, there is no other better way for you to live life if that is your true nature. OH SNAP, I LOVE WISDOM MUTHAFUCKAS.

18. Socrates was a pimp. Did you see him in Bill and Ted's excellent adventure?

19. Nah, but I'm down for some distractions. Link?

20. #20 srsbsnss, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
    Hahah, I could never really study high either.

Now Adderall on the other hand... :devious: