Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

studying high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by billyboy29, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I know you're all probly gonna quote 'study high, take the test high, get high scores' , but I'm in the middle of uni exams atm and am studying whilst high and can't decide whether it's better or worse, I guess I do concentrate more when ripped, what do you guys think?

2. It is easy to get philosophical and creative while high. As it is a depressant, you'll likely analyze much more critically, but memory retention and distraction compensate for such capacity.

3. I think we need to do a legitimate scientific study on this. hahaha. I can never justify smoking while studying (I do it anyway, but it's not justified). I wish I believed that I would do well either way.

EDIT: If you're taking statics and dynamics or high level engineering classes, it's probably not the best thing to do. hahah. If you're studying sociology/psych 101 or something, have at it.

4. I get more concentrated but not on studying :)

5. for me, it depends on how high i am lol

if i take one hit then i'm super concentrated and good to go but much more and i all i want to do is listen to music and screw around online

6. i wouldnt advise it. i have memory loss during my highs a lot. for me, what occurs during the high is somewhat unclear(cant describe it/i forget what happened, if that makes sense), so i cant remember i well.

7. memory loss is a prime side effect of being high, not recommended :bongin:

8. I get this exact same feeling. When I wake up (My sesh's are at night), I don't remember exactly how I feel or exactly what I did, it's weird. I know there was something good there but I don't remember well. May just be the strain I'm smoking recently.

9. I can be the same, if not more focused if I study high. Then again I'm always high.. :rolleyes:

10. I've been studying all day while stoned and reckon I've retained most of the information, guess I'll know how it went when I get results back, finished studying for the night and am about to reward myself with a few more bongs. haha

11. I studied for my exams back in january stoned (smoked err'day 2 weeks or so prior to the exam dates). And my grades were decent/consistent to what I would normally get.

Honestly weed depends on yourself though, if you're in the mood to get some study done then I don't think weed will effect you in any particular way. Basically I did a lot of reading and note taking/general studying and I wasn't distracted or anything. Just nicely stoned:smoke: I didn't smoke during revision for my final exams I just took because I couldn't be bothered to/didn't feel or want to.
    So if you're up for it smoke and study away. If you're the type of person who can't handle or focus himself after a good session only then would I not recommend it.

12. I think it also depends on the material you're studying. If you're trying to do philosophy, great, toke or whatever, but remember that, as others have said, memory retention is inhibited by marijuana. If you're studying, say, anatomy, sober it up. Most of all, though, you know your study habits best, so if you want to do well and you're not sure, best to go sober and ace it.

13. I've just completed my final university exams (Thank motherfuckin' Jesus) I smoked twice in the 1 month exam period, after my first exam (2 week break before next exam) and then the day I finished, yesterday. Personally it depends on the exam style, I had one essay exam, which I could have studied for high, but the next two were factual multiple choice criminology exams, I had to remember dates, changes to legislations etc, so definitely didn't feel comfortable revising. I've also smoked as a reward and so it wasn't a big issue, I think if you need to withhold a lot of factual information don't smoke, if it's a critical essay or you can afford to go off on a tangent then smoke and study, it may open your mind and make for a more creative essay. Good luck I'm off to enjoy a month of smoking and doing nothing.

14. if you study high, take the test high.

15. this is 100% true. it will be different for everyone, you just have to experiement and see if you're comfortable with it.

16. I wouldn't do it, I would take the test high but not study high I wouldn't be able to remember what I studied...

17. So I had the exam today I've been studying for while high and reckon i did okay. now to smoke tomorrow while studying for my accounting exam on friday :smoke:

18. Depends on the subject. I find with math and sciences getting baked I have no chance, but english and anything creative definitely helps.

19. Write your notes and do the textbook work baked as long as you understand it, then study the shit out of it sober

20. pretty sure marijuana is a stimulant as it increases heart rate