Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Studying and learning difficulty...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by lacrossestar, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Well ive been smoking about every day and well my grades reflect it and i know there are some other college students here so i was just wondering does smoking herb affect your grades?

2. Definitley. I've skipped class so many times to smoke pot. Oh well....I'll get back on track soon enough.

3. I dont know about that I smoke almost everyday and grades are well better now then they were when I didnt.

4. I blaze a good amount, but seem to manage. I know it definitely does effects some peoples work, but for me, either way I'm gonna procrastinate.

5. :sigh:

It depends on you as a person...

Do you skip class to smoke?

Do you smoke instead of doing your homework?

Do you pay attention in class? DId you before you smoked pot?

School isn't really about what you know, or how smart you are, it's how well you fit into their system. How much "bitch work"/homework you're dedicated to doing. That kind of thing.

A lot of it comes down to choices you make, not the pot. Please, don't blame it on the pot.

6. GENUIS PURE GENUIS!

7. Word my friend, word.

8. Heh. I said something smart! :D

Then again, I'm a sucker for acknowledgement.

9. trying to do homework or reading or anything like that while high has allways made me not learn as good. But smoking dosent seem to make me dumb , long as im sober while im learning i learn just fine. They key is knowing when to smoke, like if i know theres gonna be a metting at work im not gonna toke up right before the meeting, defintally afterwards though :)

10. When I was in college, it helped me study. I was always high when I wrote papers and when I gave presentations and I got really good grades. I didn't like to be high during test time, though or during class when I had to take notes. Lectures had to have 100% attention, usually.

11. Sounds kinda like me except one thing...... I was one of those people who kinda spazzed out at test time. But a couple of puffs of MJ, and I wasn't so ................. I don't know the word I'm looking for...................freaked out. My grades weren't great, but they were far from bad! I was above average. I agree with what was said above, I think it affect's everyone differently. You just gotta know how it effects you personally. Good luck in school, and don't give up. MJ will always be here for you to enjoy, if you have to quit ( or slow down considerably ) for a while, do it, Remember it's your future, and you are the only one that really controls it.

12. My Shrink says the same thing you should take this advice.
    Just do the work and you'll benifit in the long run