Study Shows Watching Fox News Make You Dumber

Discussion in 'Politics' started by weednotcrack, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Dumber is a word. Why are people liking your comment? The rule of English before the Americans went and messed it up was that if an adjective had one syllable it would end with the suffix 'er'.

If however it had more than one syllable it would require the qualifier 'more' as in 'more stupid' whereas dumb would go to 'dumber'.

People just like people acting as though they correct people.

2. You are confusing liberals with democrats.

3. In Amerrkaaa, Dumber aint no gotdamn word. Y'all australions down under speakin like a child.

I just went on miriam-webster and typed in "dumber" and it just showed up as dumb.

I still don't think dumber is a word.

4. Speak American...or giiiiiiiit out

5. Australia is a commonwealth nation, it derives its English language from the British. Y'know, the people who actually constructed the English language. You yanks can change a couple of words and call it American if you want, but it's still stupid, unnecessary and annoying to everyone else.

Don't get me started on the imperial measurement system now.

6. Just leave us alone and go eat a Vegemite sandwich. :p

7. It's sad when you come across people who obviously swallowed the MSM line, hook, line, and sinker. It's actually kind of creepy to witness the result of effective brainwashing.

8. That survey also showed that only 53% of people knew about the Egyptians overthrowing their government. Take it as you want, but that's still a lot of people who don't know what has happened.

9. In that case I believe it would be "dumbre" like theatre.

10. Because we are the melting pot of the world, English in the United States has become a conglomeration of several languages. But you Brits,Canuks, and Aussies have also your share of slangs and bastardized words.

If your mind is so weak that you become dumb (unable to speak) by watching a news program then perhaps you should switch the channel.

If you believe you become dumber (slang for lessening of intelligence)by watching any new program you are too stupid to effectively engage in any rational conversation.

11. I was talking to a woman in here mid to late 40's a week ago that was a Obama supporter. She didn't even know we went through the cold war nor that the Soviet Union was at war with Afghanistan in the 1980's how America supplied Osama and Taliban leaders weapons to fight the Soviets. All she kept commenting was that it's Bushes fault why we are in this mess. Jesus lady, Obama has had 4 years to try and fix the problem but has only made it worse.

She didn't even know what "Cold War" means.

12. [​IMG]

13. #34 maxrule, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I was speaking to an Obama supporter today who had never heard of the TSA. True story. :laughing:

[​IMG]

14. We are doomed.

15. that's what happens when you pass a kid just for showing up.

16. SOMEBODY PLEASE CALL THE COPS!!!!!!!!!

This is a blatant case of felony aggravated stupidity!!!!!

17. I remember having Jeopardy on about a year ago and it was a "kids" version but they weren't that young...maybe high school or a little younger.

It was this picture:

[​IMG]

Lots of blank stares...finally one kid thought he'd give it a shot.

"Who is JFK?"

Me: :facepalm:

I tried to find video but couldn't. Apparently it's not the first time... I saw another episode where the kids thought it was Nixon, then JFK. LOL BUT, it was a side profile and black & white.

18. Took iq test, just watched 50 minutes of fox. Retook iq test, scored higher. Whats going on?