Study shows MMJ does NOT increase teen drug use

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Messiah Decoy, Jun 19, 2012.

1. if anything it keeps teen drug use down. i remember being young and not being able to find weed. when my buds n i couldnt find ne weed thats when we'd do real drugs lol

2. to name a massive cliche which is weed is a "gateway drug".... although this argument has substance its only in the fact that weed is illegal. should it be legalized it would cease to be a gateway as the gateway to drug dealers would be closed.

3. Politicians don't care about silly things like "facts" and "proof"

4. [quote name='"bob hoskins"']to name a massive cliche which is weed is a "gateway drug".... although this argument has substance its only in the fact that weed is illegal. should it be legalized it would cease to be a gateway as the gateway to drug dealers would be closed.[/quote]

Oh that's makes sense ..... But I think I tried alcohol and tobacco before I smoked weed ......

There's cigarette butts everywhere and no one has a problem with that

5. How could it? Don't you need to be 18 for a card?

The propaganda (on both sides) is just ridiculous

6. What propaganda on our side?

Do you realize one of the biggest arguments against MMJ is that it encourages use among teens???

This study disproves that to some extent?

So how is this propaganda on our end?

7. [quote name='"Ironic"']How could it? Don't you need to be 18 for a card?

The propaganda (on both sides) is just ridiculous[/quote]

Did you bother to read what was said in the article?

It said that in states the legalized mmj there wasn't an increase.

8. Marijuana is not the gateway to harder drugs. The LIES about marijuana are the gateway to harder drugs. Cannabis is the most easily accessible of illegal drugs, so kids usually try it first. Once they try it, and discover for themselves that it's relatively harmless, and NOTHING like what their parents, teachers, ministers, and police have told them, it sets off an alarm in their heads. They begin to ask, "What else have I been lied to about?" Kids aren't stupid, and they are not meant to be treated like adorable little morons. Once they realize they've been lied to by all the people they've been taught to trust, it makes them angry and rebellious. They think if they've been lied to about cannabis, then everything they've been taught about other hard drugs must be lies too. Next thing you know, we've got a generation of hard-drug addicts all wondering how the hell they ended up in their position. And it's all because they were lied to.

9. Legitimate shopkeepers card. Dealers don't. Pretty simple to see that legitimization leaders to less access for kids.

I remember reading something a while back saying that most teens found it easier to get weed than beer.