Study shows Mango's 'significantly' increases Cannabis Euphoria

Discussion in 'General' started by BritBrit, Jul 4, 2012.

1. #21 morange, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    Yes this works with slightly overly ripened mangoes because they are high in myrecene a terpenoid also in cannabis. If you want to try this get a ripe mango then eat it, then wait about 30-45 minutes and smoke. You should notice the effects potentate each other.

EDIT: to the above people saying it's placebo or doesn't work, it certainly does. You need an actual mango though, no juice. If you do some research behind why it works you may be surprised. I've tried this before, not in a while but it's neat.

2. royk alreaady studied this years ago..gc, leading the way in pot science

3. WELL I TRIED IT.

I am damn high and mangoes SURE DO TASTE GOOOOD!

4. Im tellin you guys, the juice works

5. works for me.

6. 0_o

m
    a
    g
    o
    s
    m
    a
    k
    e
    y
    o
    u
    m
    a
    d
    h
    i
    g
    h
    m
    a
    n

7. i tried eating a mango the other day and it's just gross, what should i do?

8. Sweet, it has to be RIPE! The flesh should look like a peach's, juicy and orange, but it has fibers in it. Mangoes are delicious! :D

9. I have a mango tree in my backyard.

Now all I need is a mary tree.

10. Cut your tongue off; it's obviously defective because mangoes are amazing

Did you peel the skin off first? :confused_2:

11. couldnt agree more also cut off your balls cause your not a man either! MANGOS THE BOMBB!!!

12. [quote name='"Pale Blue Dot"']
    Cut your tongue off; it's obviously defective because mangoes are amazing

Did you peel the skin off first? :confused_2:[/quote]

Lmao i may not have

13. haha peel of the skin homie then enjoy!:)

14. Aw man, that shit's like a waxy leather. Jam your fingernail in there, cut it end to end, then rip the skin off (it's strong enough to peel it off in 1 or 2 tries). All that'll be left is sweet mango goodness. And the seedpod in the middle. Don't eat that.

They can be red or green and be ripe or not, so squeeze it and see if it feels slightly mushy but firm, and sniff it where the stem is. If you can smell mango goodness, it's ready.

15. order of events leading up to me trying it:
    >smoking
    >getting bored while high, leading me to browse grass city
    >seeing this thread
    >going to grocery store to get mangos
    >eat mango
    >wait 30 minutes, smoke
    > eat another mango after to cure the munchies
    >smoke 30 minutes after eating the mango mentioned previouusly
    >smoked way too much to tell if mangos work

16. this definetly works tried it a few times in the past and always a nice result

17. Well. I went and gave it a go. I'm pretty damn high! :)

18. The pre-smoke mango thread comes up every few days or so. :)

This should help... a few things I've posted in past threads:

---------------

For a much higher concentration of myrcene (the terpene in mangoes, responsible for the
    'enhanced effect' noticed by some), a more economic investment would be a bottle of hops
    extract
    , or lemongrass oil.

These are generally found in organic shops, as simple flavoring elements and supplements,
    that normally would not be advertised or (well-)known for their beneficial anti-cancer/anti-mutagen,
    sedative, and cannabinoid-enhancing
    properties.

Fresh and homegrown cannabis, that has been properly cared for, should already be fairly loaded with myrcene.

People will only notice the greatest amount of improvement, when this 'trick' is used in conjunction with older,
    lower-grade herb, where its terpene content has already diminished.

Some lemongrass oils are up to 25% myrcene, and you get trace amounts of limonene (another
    terpene in cannabis), as well....

A mango is healthy and tasty, but effect-wise, if it's the myrcene you're after, there are better options. [​IMG]

There are terpenes that can benefit and enhance your life, as well the effect of your cannabis, in many plants...

[​IMG]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadKittySmiles [​IMG]
    These (terpenes) are MUCH more easily released from
    our cannabis, than THC. They can be released into the air to be inhaled upon
    breaking up the plant matter, and they are responsible for why people feel 'stoned'
    while cutting and manicuring freshly harvested cannabis. They are also responsible
    for police officers, claiming they get 'high' in the line of duty when clearing out a bust.
    It's in fact the terpenes that cause this feeling, not cannabinoids.

Alpha-Pinene Is found in various trees and plants, including cannabis. "This terpene
    is at the highest level in the Super Silver Haze. So if you like pine-tree smelling and
    tasting weed, think of growing this strain, or use it for crossings."

***Limonene "is a cyclic terpene. It is a colourless liquid at room temperatures
    with an extremely strong smell of oranges." This is where many strains get their citrus
    orange, lemon flavors and odors from.

Sabinene is found in high levels in many haze varieties.

***Myrcene, or β-myrcene, - THIS is the terpene available in some fruits and
    plants, including mangoes, that causes people to feel that eating mangoes before
    smoking, will get them 'higher', which is somewhat true, only if the myrcene levels
    are high enough, and not diluted by so much plant flesh. For a more reliable effect,
    simply sniff your preferably fresh bud the instant you break it open, and enjoy that
    nice fragrance, just prior to smoking it. True widow strains develop high levels of
    myrcene.

The fresher the herb, the more terpenes it likely has available. The terpenes are
    released so easily, that in some commercial bud they have often already mostly
    dissipated, before people have a chance to use the canna, in which case additional
    terpenes from fruit can help.

TERPENES IN GRAPH:
    1- ALPHA PINENE
    2- CAMPHENE
    3- BETA PINENE
    4- SABINENE
    5- DELTA-3 CARENE
    6- ALPHA PHELLANDRENE
    7- BETA-MYRCENE
    8- ALPHA TERPINENE
    9- LIMONENE
    10- 1.8-CINEOLE
    11- Y-TERPINENE
    12- CIS-OCIMENE
    13- TRANS-OCIMENE
    14- ALPHA TERPINOLENE
    15- TRANS-CARYOPHYLLENE
    16- ALPHA HUMULENE

-----------------

**** And about mango juice......

I don't know the specifics pertaining to the juice in question, but for the most part store-bought and
    bottled
    mango juices either will not work, or they will not work well.

This is because they have often been heated or 'flash pasteurized' to the point that a large quantity of
    the heat-sensitive myrcene, the terpene which promotes the intensified effect, has dissipated.

In the future, you can always buy a mango or two and puree them in your blender, or even by hand
    in a plastic bag [​IMG] You can 'drink' it as-is, or add a little of your favorite juice, or water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or, you can go even a little further, and incorporate that puree into an edible canna recipe... Myrcene, intensifies cannabinoid cellular permeability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A CannAmbrosia Fruit Salad madewith tincture, is another way to benefit from the enhanced sensations, provided by additional terpenes in conjunction with your cannabinoids...

[​IMG]

(And edible drinkables [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A tip - Simply enjoying an oil burner for aromatherapy, containing a blend of lemongrass, nutmeg and sandalwood oils WILL produce a more euphoric and narcotic sensation while smoking. Do NOT attempt to directly inhale the vapors produced by your heated essential oils, this is not healthy, nor is it necessary to benefit from the terpenes! Feel free to experiment with other essential oils to produce a variety of sensations, from relaxing, to energizing. [​IMG]

--------------

Don't forget, MOST store-bought mango juices have been flash-pasteurized, even those cheaper bottles that
    don't mention how they were processed (those are often the worst)... this means that the majority of the terpene
    content you're looking for, is gone.

Want a fresh, healthy mango drink, WITH a decent myrcene content? Save a few dollars on the over-priced, watered-
    down juice, and just buy a mango or two, and put them through your blender. [​IMG]

And if you're smoking fresh, or properly cured home-grown.. don't expect a simple mango with the teeny tiny myrcene they
    have, to do much for you

A mango is best for older, and over-dried commercial bud, that has already lost much of the myrcene content it once had.

If your bud is decent at all, you're only likely to notice an increase in sensation if you use a better source for myrcene..

Again, lemongrass oil/extracts and hops extracts are great. [​IMG]

Anyhow... hope this helps! [​IMG] [​IMG]